I did it!

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know man, you're in Chico, you needs to paint the car metal flake money green with some 30" gold spokes. :D
Oh wait, that's Oak-town. :D There are a lot of examples of very tastefully done resto-mods on this site. I've been seeing a lot of things that I like and think that will work well together, and building a check list, so that I can keep my spending in check.

I am currently piecing together my disc brake setup. I was going to go with a kit from SSBC front disc only with power for about $1700 then I started to research into putting in SN95 brakes into a classic. I think that is the route I am going with. I can pick up a set of 99-04 GT brakes (dual piston calipers, rotors, pads and hoses) for about 125 and buy some brackets that should run around $300. After that I need to find a power booster/master cylinder that I would be happy with. All in all, I would have front and rear disc power brakes for under a thousand bucks. That may seem wild for some people, but it works great for me. There are also kits available to make the cobra brakes fit (13") but those must be used with 17" or bigger wheels. I plan on staying with 15" cragars on my coupe, hence why I have decided to go with the GT brakes.
Without a doubt the SSBC kits are some of the nicest brakes out there for our cars, but the price is up there. This is a great alternative for those who go the restomod route.

As for the IRS mentioned earlier, I don't think it is a good idea for classics. but if you wanted to research it, you can look up www.dvsrestorations.com

Sweet! A 390 Gt coupe. I'd get a marti report on it and go from there. Personally I think a built 390/TKO500, 16" wheels, and 4wheel discs would be cool, with a minimum of hacking so it could be put back to stock. :D Pretty rare car!

5.0ina66 said:
Sweet! A 390 Gt coupe. I'd get a marti report on it and go from there. Personally I think a built 390/TKO500, 16" wheels, and 4wheel discs would be cool, with a minimum of hacking so it could be put back to stock. :D Pretty rare car!

I agree - minimal to zero hacking. Kind of sad, but I didn't know it was rare at all... icing on the cake