I got a ride today in the mother of all turbo cars...

BELL

Founding Member
Feb 21, 2002
California
Well one of the fringe benefits of working for a Mercedes Dealership is we get all these cool cars to beat on. We got a SL65 6.0L V-12 Biturbo today and had to take it to lunch (predelivery inspection). Let me tell you I've never driven anything that would do a rolling burnout at 65mph until today :banana: . This car kicks A$$, 608rwhp and 748 ft/lbs of torque. I think the torque number is understated. The turbos put out 2.5bar at 2k rpm. 0-100 in about 10sec or less.
I've never been scared of a car until now. We got it off the truck from the dock - the window sticker said "welcome to the top of the food chain".

Just thought I'd post - I'll have some pictures when I get home to upload the camera.

• Sponsors (?)

BELL said:
...Well one of the fringe benefits of working for a Mercedes Dealership is we get all these cool cars to beat on... Let me tell you I've never driven anything that would do a rolling burnout at 65mph until today :banana:...

...Just thought I'd post - I'll have some pictures when I get home to upload the camera.

You are gonna lose your job, LOL.

Bring on those pics, I hope you got a pic of the engine! :nice:

mr_woodster said:
i raced one of those down in newport (read:richville) man did i lose, and it was still parked! QUOTE]

I died laughing...I fell out of my chair, hit my head on my desk then fell back an dhit the back of my head on my chair...

some vicious cycle....

I've never even heard of it. Let's see a pic.
I think I am becoming more and more domestic the older I get. I think Dodge should grab all the German technology then send them back to their motherland.