I just painted my car check out the aftermath l

bdazzgt

I had to jerk off the cable to get it to stop.
Dec 27, 2005
Springfield MO
This is what i started with in 2006, i know the pictures are not good quality bare with me
astang3.jpg

astang4.jpg

astang2.jpg

astang.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

looks like you may have went a little dry on the clear but its hard to tell in the pics some look shiny others look dull.

Well i thought maybe i did go a little dry on the clear, but if its in the sun it looks a lot better, i did learn a lot, there is a little orange peel on the edges but the paint gets thing. There was a lot of body work involved that i didnt get pictures of. in the original pictures you can see the discolored driver side door, the previous owner actually took a wire wheel to that and the ground effects. There was a lot of scrapes, and gouges that went from the back bumper to the front bumper but mainly on drivers side, then the previous paint had no primer on it no door jams, it was a terrible paint job. I took it down to factory primer and went from there. I know i need new headlights, but i had to buy a radiator to keep the new motor cool

Do not take my comments as a bad thing. U did a very good job considering u have not much experience. Have u wet sanded and buffed yet?

yea i just wet sanded with 1500grit then 2000 then 3000 just once over for good measure, i wish i could get rid of some of the orange peel on the edges but i don't wanna go through the paint on the edges i will get it out today and snap some better pictures of it. maybe it will look better then

the full length subframe connectors were a bitch to install, my frame rails were all beat to **** my dad had to do a lot of fill welding why i held them, straight i will take pics of them installed as soon as the weather clears up it has rained so much here

yea i just wet sanded with 1500grit then 2000 then 3000 just once over for good measure, i wish i could get rid of some of the orange peel on the edges but i don't wanna go through the paint on the edges i will get it out today and snap some better pictures of it. maybe it will look better then

How many coats of clear did you put on? You need to determin if the orange peel is in the clear or the paint. If its in the clear you can wet sand it some more. Just try not to go all way through the clear...The best way is to pick a spot that is not really in sight and practice/test wet sanding that area. You might be able to sand it smooth or at least clean it up some more.....

Also what did you buff it with? Some buffing compund and a sponge type buffing wheel does wonders.

+1 I don't know if they make it anymore, but 3m made some stuff called perfect-it II fine cut buffing compound that will make a 1500 wet sand look bad azz.