I must be insane.

proxses

Founding Member
Dec 12, 2000
Dayton, Oh
Well, I just got an Eaton M112 off ebay. It is going on my truck, and I need to know what kind of injectors for sure now. I keep asking this question, but I want to be sure.
Are 36's enough. I don't want to big. I know I need a new mass air meter.
Is ther any tuning I will be forced to do? I'm of course going to pull my timing back. Will the 36 with the proper meter dump enough fuel? If I need a way to tune it I will have to wait longer to install this thing.
I'm not looking for optimum tune yet. I just want it to run, and not lean out of course.
Advice?
I plan on about 5-6 psi of boost. That should hold my power fix until I can get it tuned for more boost.

• Sponsors (?)

proxses said:
Can I run 36's with the right meter and run untuned until I can get funding for a dyno tune and chip?
This is my daily driver.

Well I'm no boost expert...but as long as you dont' get into boost or upper rpms I think you should be fine...just resist the urge no matter how hard it is :p

David

It's an eaton, won't it start to make boost at 2000rpm's?
And how do guys run without an FMU under boost? Do you have to have it tuned no matter what?
I've heard of guys running 36-42;s without an fmu, and thought they didn't get it tuned yet.
What will I need to run 5-6psi of boost, before a good tune?

proxses said:
It's an eaton, won't it start to make boost at 2000rpm's?
And how do guys run without an FMU under boost? Do you have to have it tuned no matter what?
I've heard of guys running 36-42;s without an fmu, and thought they didn't get it tuned yet.
What will I need to run 5-6psi of boost, before a good tune?

Shift at 1500... :D

I'm not exactly sure how that FMU stuff works :shrug: