i need a new driver's seat

BlackVert

15 Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Bethesda, MD
it would cost $650 to get my driver's seat recovered (it is leather), so i think i'll buy a new one instead. anyone use these:

summit part #: SMT-444031

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...891681+4294882870+4294883138+115&autoview=sku

i know the description says they are truck seats, but they are "universal", which means they should fit everything, right? or does that mean they would fit all trucks?

i really want black leather, but i want to keep it looking stock. i'm not interested in the race seats

• Sponsors (?)

Those don't look too supportive for twisty roads, but you could always try to track down a set of Lincoln MarkVIII seats (I think those are the ones), I've heard of guys putting those in and they're real nice. I think they're quite a bit heavier though...
Or, even better, I can't find the thread anymore but one guy put in some black Audi TT seats in his stang a few weeks ago, they looked absolutely amazing.

If all else fails, I'd go for the Summit sport seats over those truck/universal ones any day.

gcomfx.com said:
I got a new cell phone, been clipping it on my front pocket. Caught on my seat getting out of the car the other day, and ripped it. :bang: Mine are cloth though, not a big leather fan myself.
so are you saying you have one of these seats in cloth?

amc-124130.jpg

has anyone bought a set of the black simulated leather seats from Summit? (mentioned toward the top). I'm interested in these seats, but I want to make sure they mount into a Mustang with no probs and still have head room!

The Mustang, you might try a search - there are quite a few guys here and on the Corral running those (and Jegs) seats - lots of install info and pics too.

BlackVert said:
it would cost $650 to get my driver's seat recovered (it is leather), so i think i'll buy a new one instead. anyone use these:

summit part #: SMT-444031

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...891681+4294882870+4294883138+115&autoview=sku

i know the description says they are truck seats, but they are "universal", which means they should fit everything, right? or does that mean they would fit all trucks?

i really want black leather, but i want to keep it looking stock. i'm not interested in the race seats

Thats kinda high isnt it?Last time I checked I could have both mine redone for $500 including material?It was a friend of my sisters that really did awesome work,but perhaps you could find a friend of a friend.Also,on this sight in the classifieds,I saw 2 Cobra fronts and the rear outta a wrecked car for $650 if im not mistaken.You can almost always find good deals with a little extensive research.Mine are cracked all to hell and Im in the same boat,been looking to replace mine for a couple months now.
Here:I cant find the other post now in the classifieds but check this out.

http://classifieds.stangnet.com/sho...erpage=12&sort=8&stype=&limit=&cat=10&ppuser=

BlackVert said:
so are you saying you have one of these seats in cloth?

amc-124130.jpg

No my stock one.... so I'll be looking for new front seats soon too. Personally I want rid of the heavy arse power setup. My seat rarely moves, and I never adjust the lumbar stuff. Still works though. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• amc-124130.jpg
    amc-124130.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 39