I need an A/C Vacuum Valve thingy! Help! [PIC]

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by Rel, Jan 11, 2004.

  1. I need to know what this part is.... does anybody have any other info on it other than it just being called a vacuum valve? Should I just take it to the dealer and see if they can find me a replacement?
    Here's what I'm talking about.


    BTW this is the back of my dashboard, right behind the A/C / Heater Controls - Incase somebody is lost. :D
  2. looks like some sort of vacuum actuator that controls the opening and closing of the vent door
  3. The service manual refers to it as:

    Windshield Defroster Door Vacuum Control Motor

  4. it is a vacuum actuator commonly available at the dealership or a parts store--also pretty much the same as any other ford pass car from the mid 80's to about 1998.
  5. Just in-case anybody is looking for this in the future and does a search on it... I got it from ford for $13
    YH - 583
    That is all. :D