i need mufflers that don't drone!

• Sponsors (?)

Does anyone have a custom exhaust shop around there area. You pay SO MUCH MORE for the premade stuff. Just let a custom shop handle the rest. I can honestly say that the best sound I have found on this car of mine is with the Jones Exhaust Thunderbolts. I have had straights, flow 2 chambers, and spirals from Mororso, and the Jones has the best sound. The only area of louvers in the pack is right in the middle and they only come in a small bit. You take the 12 in pack like I have and only 4 in have louvers that catch the stream. The packing is not that cheap garbage like a cherrybomb and these things scream. The were almost $20.00 a piece. The Bullets that Dynomax sells are very simular so dont crack on me cause I have "glasspacks" I put them on in the correct flow direction. Some like to reverse them. Just try them. You will love them.

madams74 said:
... and these things scream.
don't forget, i need mufflers that don't drone and are not very loud. from your description, it sounds like the thunderbolts are loud. do the flowmaster force ii mufflers drone? i have heard they are quiet under normal load, but really let go when you step on it. sounds like a good compromise to me, so long as they don't drone ...

I just ordered some Flowmaster 50 Series 3 Chamber Deltaflow mufflers. I hear that they have a deep mellow (read not too loud) tone and minimal if any drone. I am hoping that is true, because I am looking for the same result as black96vertgt. I'll post results when I have them installed.

coyote595 said:
I just ordered some Flowmaster 50 Series 3 Chamber Deltaflow mufflers. I hear that they have a deep mellow (read not too loud) tone and minimal if any drone. I am hoping that is true, because I am looking for the same result as black96vertgt. I'll post results when I have them installed.
thanks and welcome to the boards!
larrendeuce said:
I have a magnaflow catback, under cruising speed its almost silent. When you accelerate you can hear it though. I made a video, you can really tell how quiet the magnaflows are just cruising.
sounds good! i'm out of money right now so the mufflers are on hold for the time being ...

i live in a quite quite neighborhood to and i have the perfect setup for me. and its under 700 dollars and people have told me that its the best sounding exhaust they have ever heard. i went with the magnaflows catback(370) and aluminum bassani catless x pipe(260) and if you stay under 2500 it sounds quite but anything after that sounds like the world is going to end. my brothers 93 cobra has a dr gas x pipe with flowmasters and he hates them they drone so bad on the highway but mine does not drone and you can hear what it sounds like on mustangexhasut.com make sure you go and here it.

It fits good, there is alot of adjustment in it because everything is separate. My system came with the hangers on the mufflers welded to the front instead of the back. :mad: So I only have the tailpipe hangers holding it up. Other then that its all stainless steel, and the hangers they supply are powdercoated. All good stuff.