I need some advice on fixing up my interior Thanks in advance

Tony Starks

Mar 4, 2004
( I already posted this in the parts section..but maybe some can help me here)
Please hear me out...I have a 78 Mach 1..got it for 500 $..engine and body near perfect..78 ooo miles on it. I believe it was a good deal. BUT the interior mouldings are all scratched and I am debating on if I should paint them???? or purchase some......BUT WHERE? I have never seen any interior mouldings sold anywhere ( in decent shape that is). I ve been on ebay ..scrapyards..etc etc etc . I really dont want to paint them as I am sure it will look terrible with all the scratches and I dont have the skill to sand them.
Also if I do find some mouldings I hope they would match my interior witch is black, I guess white or black mouldings would be alright. I not looking to restore it and keep it original so painting teh rest to match the mouldings that I could possibly aquire isnt a problem. My exterior looks fine, the paint is good, maybe I will add rear spoiler and tint the windows. BUT my interior could be better, my front seats are beat a bit..not to bad but I can get that done easy. My trunk carpet is non existant, previous owner did i dont know what to it, and my dash and all other bezels are a bit faded , i guess i can paint them? or replace?

Does anyone have any suggestion as to what I can do to fix up my interior, any ideas where to get the parts and maybe somone has some tips for me.
I have a limited budget but I can still make some moves. I just meed to have all fixed up right after the snow melts and I can cruise the streets.
THANKS IN advance!
You can contact me here or email me at [email protected]

any help would be sooooooooooooooooooooooo much appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

New carpet, headliners and standard seat covers (not Deluxe) are available in the resto market and ebay. Door panels and dash pads in "usable" condition are hard to find, but I have seen them on eBay and the few used MII parts vendors have them. The plastic molding and panels can be freshened up with interior paint. The scratches would be tough to get rid of, but a coat of paint would probably make them look a lot better. Mine are scratched up pretty good too. I'm looking at using some of the vinyl interior paint from somewhere like Eastwood to try to get a good color match. I have the blue interior and picked up a used console that is in good condition, but is aqua. I'l be repainting that also.

Just keep plugging away at each interior item, one at a time, until you get them all in shape or replaced.

I redid my interior with DuPont Vinyl paint. Also had my seats custom made as hi back seats.

Attachments

• Dash.JPG
    Dash.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 188
  • Seat.JPG
    Seat.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 472
interior

Well there guy sounds like you have the same problem many have with there MII's. As far as interior goes it isn't very hard as to most other things on the car. Yet still isn't easy. Dash pad, Front & Rear seats in any color, Carpeting in any color and a few other interior pieces are available new through Mustangs Unlimited. www.mustangsunlimited.com. For Dash bezels I would go with www.dfortuna.com. Looks like a great site for what your looking for for that. If I was you I would sand the scratches out of those panels. You can find them and door panels in a lot of places as I had plenty of responses when I was looking for them. Only they are to big to ship and they are pretty pricey. Take the old ones and sand em and paint em. You can get lucky and get some plasitc panels on Ebay just be patient and keep an eye out. With those 2 sites and a lil time and effort you can have that interior looking great in no time.