I need some help polishing my rims!!!!!

stangman

15 Year Member
Jul 10, 2003
in a 3 bed, 2 bath
well i'm off tomorrow & i'm going to be polishing my polished aluminum rims. i have the mothers hand polish, but i want a really, really nice finish. if you guys can recommnd some good aluminum polishes, i would appreciate it. if you all don't think there is any that will give me the finish i want i'm going to go buy a dremel & get some jewelers rouge from work & try that :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

c2see21 said:
well i'm off tomorrow & i'm going to be polishing my polished aluminum rims. i have the mothers hand polish, but i want a really, really nice finish. if you guys can recommnd some good aluminum polishes, i would appreciate it. if you all don't think there is any that will give me the finish i want i'm going to go buy a dremel & get some jewelers rouge from work & try that :shrug:

The trick to those wheel polishes is to keep rubbing until the polish turns black, then it's ready to wipe off after it's dry. The Mother's you have should do the trick !! :nice:

I apologize. I forgot about the fact that you're in the north & regularly get stuff on your rims that's hard to remove. It rarely goes crazy (weather-wise) down here & if it does only the main roads & all highways get salted so I let the Mustang park. I drive my wife's FWD 98 Honda Accord V6. It hums on ice.

here's the back story...... we had some bad weather right when my tranny went to the crapper. well i didn't get to clean my car before it went to the dealer & it sat down ther for a month with road salt on the rims, waiting for the tranny to get fixed :notnice:

c2see21 said:
i do windex for cleaning when it's not too dirty in the summer, but this road salt crap is really hard to get off :notnice:

Use a rag, hot water (in abbundance) and dishwashing liquid. This should get this off. Then clean with Windex, then apply the good polish. Should give you the finish you want.

NiteMareGT said:
Use a rag, hot water (in abbundance) and dishwashing liquid. This should get this off. Then clean with Windex, then apply the good polish. Should give you the finish you want.

sweet, exactly what i was looking for :nice: , but one more thing, i've heard using a brillo pad can help too, any truth to that :shrug:

The best metal polish i've found for my car's polished wheels is Harley Davidson motorcycle polish, this stuff works way better than other polishes out there, but you'll learn like the rest of us, should've saved more money and bought the chrome, not near as much maint.

aj1025 said:
The best metal polish i've found for my car's polished wheels is Harley Davidson motorcycle polish, this stuff works way better than other polishes out there, but you'll learn like the rest of us, should've saved more money and bought the chrome, not near as much maint.

i'm working on it :D that's why i want these to shine real purty like :nice:

(chrome deep dish bullitts are in my very near future)