I need some rim help guys

Which one?

• Total voters

pomag50

Jul 10, 2007
San Diego
I have here 2 rims that I am thinking of. I am open to all suggestions if you all seem to agree that I am nuts and should not put either of these on my car then i will have to take under serious consideration. I however do not believe that you guys will think that. So here goes which one?:

• Sponsors (?)

rims

Don't do it man hehe. Yeah your car is black so it looks too sleek to stick on different colors. A good rim choice with either chrome, polish, black or silver. Stick to these options. I too have a black car and went with all gloss black powdercoated 94 95 saleen's. Keep some kind of uniformity. But that is just my dumb opinion. Hey but if you want what you want by all means do what you want to do. Your opinion on your ride is all that matters.

Deffinetly not the blue ones. If your car had other red accents on it (calipers, custom paint) then they might look more fitting. But if the car is all black, I'd say stick with monochrome colors. What dimensions are those wheels anyways? The multiple bolt pattern tells me they are not exactly made for a mustang, so the backspacing might be a little off. Nothing I hate more than seeing a skinny set of wheels that are in-set 3" from the fenders on a mustang.... :nonono:
Leave those for the V6 crowd :eek:

stock rim width is 17x8 with 245/45/17 tires. at least that was what was on my 2001 GT when i got it. i've never had a 1995 with stock rims tho. i wouldn't go any narrower than that.

i'm with most of the other guys, i wouldn't do either, but if a gun was pointed at my head, i'd choose red.

but you have to pick what you like. everyone has different tastes

Thats what I was afraid of. The wheels you're looking at are likely FWD wheels. For the love of all that is holy in this world, don't get them. Please. I'd go at least 9" wide if you were to invest in new wheels.

well i do not want to give any width as it is. So i am going back to the drawing board. the 95's come stock with 16's. I want to get at least 17's on it so i can upgrade to cobra rotors and calipers. So its going to be a toss up between 17's and 18's. My sisters bestfriend owns a rims importing company. I have a lot to choose from but unfortunately they all look like they belong on an escalade. I am going to have sit down with her and figure out what exactly she can get. She also told me about a line of shelby rims that she is going to be carrying. They come from vegas and have shelby stamped into them. I may just go with those!!! :D

If they're replicas, they just might be a good deal. Replica rims can be had for cheaper than you may think... I FR500's in 17x9 front and 17x10.5 rear. The fronts were about $140 each and rears about $150 (USD). The 315/35's I got for the rear were around $125 a piece as well.