I officially HATE the Bullitt Pedals, at least the install part!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I believe it was part of the interior upgrade package (somebody correct me if I am wrong). A pic can been seen here, from the 2003 Mustang Brochure. It appears this interior is a stock GT interior based on the speedometer at 150 mph (V8) and the non-Bullitt/Mach 1 cluster.

03_mustang_interior_hr.jpg

That is not the interior upgrade package. That's just some sticker overlay.

The iup came on 2003-2004 Mach 1, as well as 03-04 gt and v6 mustangs.

It consisted of:
Bullitt pedals
Center console silver trim and billet shifter trim ring
Silver door push pins
4-way tilting headrests

And was something like a $310 option.

My 2003 gt with the iup center console (I added the Mach 1 shift knob)

pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=1108194

Is there a way to change the gas pedal without completely removing the entire lever and nuts and cable? I've done all of them except the gas pedal because removing that stuff, especially the cable makes me a bit nervous about having trouble. If something goes wrong and I can't get it back on, the car is unmovable.

Yes. You don't need to remove the entire pedal. The foot rest actually unclips from the arm and then tilts forward and you slide it off to the side.

There should be the pedal and a small clip. You simple slide the new pedal on from the side, and push it down til it snaps in place. It really takes all of a couple minutes to do.

The pedals came with the premium package also.

Incorrect. My gt was a premium and did not have them.

They only come with the interior upgrade package on 2003-2004 v6, gt and Mach 1. Unsure if you need the premium package to order the iup...or if it was available on the deluxe models.

2003-2004 cobras all have them stock. Iup was not an option on those cars.

Incorrect. My gt was a premium and did not have them.

They only come with the interior upgrade package on 2003-2004 v6, gt and Mach 1. Unsure if you need the premium package to order the iup...or if it was available on the deluxe models.

2003-2004 cobras all have them stock. Iup was not an option on those cars.

You are right. I was confused because mine doesn't have the silver instrument bezel. Apparently that wasn't part of the iup.

2003 Ford Mustang Options - Consumer Guide Automotive

Interior Upgrade Pkg.
Base Deluxe, Base Premium, GT Deluxe, GT Premium, Mach 1, SVT Cobra

$345

$307
Stainless-steel pedals, leather-wrapped shift knob, aluminum-finish door-lock posts and shift boot ring, 4-way head-restraint system. NA Base Standard.

I had to put a set on a buddies car last night. What I did was slide the left side in, then take a very small flat head screw driver, slide it in between the metal pedal and the pedal cover, then pry the rubber over the tip of the pedal. I didnt put soap on the pedal, or put the pedal cover in boiling water and it still worked perfect and I had both those on in a matter or minutes.

Is there a way to change the gas pedal without completely removing the entire lever and nuts and cable? I've done all of them except the gas pedal because removing that stuff, especially the cable makes me a bit nervous about having trouble. If something goes wrong and I can't get it back on, the car is unmovable.

Taking the whole pedal assembly off is a piece of cake. It just unbolts and the cable unhooks.

Just wanted to let you guys know I finally got all the pedals installed. Of course the dead pedal and accerlator pedal were a piece of cake. The dang brake and clutch were a nightmare. I finally just lubed up the metal pedal assembly and inside of new pedal w/ vaseline and was able to start from the bottom and got the top left somewhat on, then i just put my foot on the pedal and worked it in a cirle clockwise manner for a few seconds and got those puppies on. It really makes the inside pop along w/ the Bullit style shift knob and bullit shifter bezel i installed as well...thanks for all the help on this and i prayer i never have to touch them again. :nice:

I'm not sure why people have so much trouble with them. I did all 3 of mine last night in 20 minutes. :shrug:

Dead pedal: Use a screwdriver to pop the stock one off. Snap new one in place. 3 minutes, tops.

Brake pedal: Use a screwdriver to get the stock one off. I used a hair dryer to heat the Bullitt pedal because I figured water and dish soap would make it harder to get a grip with the screw driver. The hair dryer heated pedal literally went on in 30 seconds. Put the top on and just worked the rubber on down to the bottom. Very easy to do. 10 minutes altogether, maybe.

Accelerator pedal: take off the two 13mm nuts on the assembly; then remove the throttle cable (getting the little plastic retaining washer off was the hardest part of the entire install). Remove the assembly and tap the pin holding the pedal on out. Replace the pedal, put the pin back in, reinstall everything. 10 minutes.

Maybe I had the kind that are easier to install, but I found it pretty easy to do. :shrug:

Everybody who said Bullitt pedals are hard to install can suck it. I just put mine on, by myself. A girl, 98lbs girl... Didn't use soap, water, lube, etc. Just my hands, a flat head and my foot. It took me almost an hour but most of that was trying to get the ****ty old pedals off.