i think my timing issue is solved!

VIPERn94Five-0

Founding Member
Apr 28, 2002
Poughkeepsie, NY
finally my buddy and i got this thing squared away....after 2 days looking at my engine bay scratching our heads we finally got it i think....after the manifold/header install i thought my car got faster but after tonight i definatly did not experience the true gains from those mods till now....finally the car doesnt fall on its face after 5k and it just feels faster all over the rev range......now i need to get the new fuel filter in there (i think whats on there is original) so that should fully solve my problems.....

....and i need to throw the BIGGEST thanks to RIO!....he has helped me SO much with this problem......he was always there to answer my PM's and offer encouragement when i got discouraged over not understanding WTF was wrong....he is the best guy ever.....i cant imagine thanking him....i wish he lived closer id buy him some dinner and **** to try and repay him....YOU RULE MAN!!!!

Anthony

• Sponsors (?)

Great to hear it....I was wondering if you were gonna go for it.... :nice: Like I said, you just have to get in there and do it to understand the stuff....Now its not all that scary.... :banana:

You just reached another level.... :D

RIO5.0 said:
Great to hear it....I was wondering if you were gonna go for it.... :nice: Like I said, you just have to get in there and do it to understand the stuff....Now its not all that scary.... :banana:

You just reached another level.... :D
yeah man, idk how to thank you for all the help you gave me on this....you did the same for me during my manifold install....i wonder my next hangup will be?? :rolleyes:

GTJake said:
So what was the timing problem? I thought you said it was like 180* off?

Jake
apparently not....it must have been something i was doing wrong....because for today i went down to the balancer....rubbed off any old marks i made and re did it all....and everything ended up cool.....the problem was the car was hitting a wall at 5k rpm....now she seems to pull right on past that.....ill have more results tomorrow cuz it was kinda wet and rainy tonight and didnt want to rip on it hard....

Anthony