I want LOUDER!!!!

cuz then id hafta worry about an exhaust shop cutting out my flows and fitting a pipe in there and welding some tips to it. I'd rather just throw a axleback on there n be done with it.... Sorry, id LOVE to have the magnapacks but if i were to get them id rather just have the whole catback, just cant afford it right now. I guess since the loudmouths would sound like ass ima lean towards either the violators or boomtubes.... im ready to order now....come on guys help ease my decision :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

No you won't need new hangers, not sure why everyone tries to push those damn Pypes hangers.

My opinion on the violator is that it sounded good with stock H pipe, don't care for it with an X. It also was hard to line up correctly and is overall cheap. One of them had a crooked exhasut tip right out of the boc, and after about 6 months they are pretty rusty.

If you want to know what it'd sound like with loudmouths, just unbolt your axleback and start it.

If I were you, I'd wait untill I could afford good mufflers. I've had it with going cheap, regretting it, and spending more later. When I put my longtubes on I will be using Bassani Race mufflers, most likely.

so you have a pypes violator and o/r x and dont like it?

Not really. I used to, but now it is starting to annoy me. It sounds real good up to about 2000 RPM, but above that it is really high pitched and raspy, I compare it to a kid in puberty screaming. Under load it's a little better, but sounds real tinny. But who knows, you might love it. The loudness is a part of why it annoys me too, now that I drive a lot more I dont appreciate the volume as much as I once did.

cuz then id hafta worry about an exhaust shop cutting out my flows and fitting a pipe in there and welding some tips to it. I'd rather just throw a axleback on there n be done with it.... Sorry, id LOVE to have the magnapacks but if i were to get them id rather just have the whole catback, just cant afford it right now. I guess since the loudmouths would sound like ass ima lean towards either the violators or boomtubes.... im ready to order now....come on guys help ease my decision :shrug:

I guess you misunderstood me. If you have Flowmaster axlebacks, why would they have to cut them out? I'm talking about trading those axlebacks for a muffler delete which would bolt right up. I'm sure there are quite a few people who would do it, too. I'm talking about just having the Magnaflow Magnapack mufflers, not the axleback kit, welded up in the middle of the car. It'd cost you $200 including parts probably. :shrug::shrug:

I guess you misunderstood me. If you have Flowmaster axlebacks, why would they have to cut them out? I'm talking about trading those axlebacks for a muffler delete which would bolt right up. I'm sure there are quite a few people who would do it, too. I'm talking about just having the Magnaflow Magnapack mufflers, not the axleback kit, welded up in the middle of the car. It'd cost you $200 including parts probably. :shrug::shrug:

dam i see what youre saying now.... i went ahead and ordered the violators since they wont but 220 bux.... ill see if i like them and if not maybe try your way down the road. im hoping to get the real hollow sound. thats what im looking for

I would cut the flows off and weld up strait pipes. They sound real good with the stock MID on the S197s not raspy and sounds deep from ones I heard. Other then that I would say Stingers or Magnapacks, anything else just doesn't sound that good on the s197 to me.

Hey, new to site. I run a fairly simple setup. FRPP X-Pipe with Mac Boom Tubes - rest of exhaust is stock. I like the sound - which is the point - it is really a personal preference. It took me a few different combinations to get the sound I wanted which can get expensive.

I have had the pypes violator exhaust with an x-pipe for a little over a year now and like it, especially for the cost. The fitment is not the best, I’m still in the process of trying to eliminate a couple of rattles. I was told however by my performance shop that there are no “perfect” fitment cat back exhaust systems for the new mustangs (I’m sure this is a debatable statement). I also noticed as a previous poster mentioned that they do rust but there are other parts of my undercarriage that is rusted as well so I don’t know if that makes them of a poor quality. I have had nothing but compliments of how the car sounds, everyone says its loud. I did ride around with my stock exhaust without my axle backs for about 4 months and that sounded like dookie overall.

anyone running Dynomax Race Bullets ?

Do they make an axleback? .. or are you thinking of just welding them up as a mid muffler system? If so, I've used them before on a 06 F150 and loved them. They were very very deep. The only problem I see with using them on a S197 is the fact that they are pretty big, much bigger than the Pypes MMs or Magnapacks. I've got Magnapacks welded up as a mid muffler system on my car and I've scrapped them about 10 times in the past 6 months. I don't want to imagine how bad it'd be with the Dynomax Bullets.