idle problem

henrie

Jun 23, 2003
i just put a 2.5" offroad h-pipe and a spintech side exit system on my 95 coupe. the problem i have is the idle has dropped to about 500, and pulsates up to a 1000 and then back down again. does anyone know the cure to this problem. and my gas milage has dropped considerably is this a normal problem with the addition of the pipes.

• Sponsors (?)

henrie said:
i just put a 2.5" offroad h-pipe and a spintech side exit system on my 95 coupe. the problem i have is the idle has dropped to about 500, and pulsates up to a 1000 and then back down again. does anyone know the cure to this problem. and my gas milage has dropped considerably is this a normal problem with the addition of the pipes.

the only problem that ive heard from having an off road h pipe is only having their check engine light come on.

check for exhaust leaks.... reset the ecu, doubt it will help... but you never konw, make sure the o2 sensors are all in also, even though they will trip a code, you can idle it up wiht the idle set screw on the throttle body also.

SpectorV said:
check for exhaust leaks.... reset the ecu, doubt it will help... but you never konw, make sure the o2 sensors are all in also, even though they will trip a code, you can idle it up wiht the idle set screw on the throttle body also.

thank you. do you know if the gasmilage dropping is normal for this type of mod.