I'm in the 12's N/A !

Stangfreak95

add a 4
Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
In your sister. If none, your mom
Well here's another happy Edelbrock Performer/AFR 165's/FTI cam stanger :D

I was at the track yesterday. It was an OK weather. Not cold but at least no humidity like last time I went :notnice: Since that last time, I had the Xenon bodykit removed, I changed my timing curve a little, I had that Raptor shiftlight put in (Thank God) and had the UPR triple hook quadrant and Extreme firewall adjuster(Thank God even more).

The only thing bad was that my rearend is pretty much shot. I've been hearing weird noises for like 10 days and I had my doubts. So yesterday, I was doing pretty much 1 wheel burnout :notnice: The driver side isnt spinning. I GUARANTEE better times the next time I go, If I get my rearend fixed.

Beleive it or not, my home computer has broken yesterday morning. I'm at my grandmother's right now..So I cant scan my slips. I will though as soon as possible, beleive me :D

Here's my runs
12.9x@108
[email protected]
[email protected] (I bugged..tires gripped too much)
[email protected]
[email protected]

I didnt do not even 1 run in the 13's. Last time I went, I was trapping at 106mph. One more thing. On all the passes (I think but at least 4 of them), at least my driver wheel was off the ground to 3 inches high !! On N/A power. I'm suppose to have pictures of that and have plenty of witnesses :D All this on 100% STREET FORM, and UNTUNED.

The bad news now. Something happened to the car on the way back home..I was pretty much stopping to check my fuel pressure cause the A/F ratio gauge was saying I was lean. So I pulled over and then I heard that clapping weird noise that was coming under the passenger valve cover :rolleyes: I noticed it was cracked on top. I had the stang towed. I opened it up today and I found 2 broken head studs and my rockers were loose in the valve cover . It seems that my pushrods and rockers are still intact and perfect. I dont think my head is damaged. Just those 2 studs. It was my fault.....one that last run, I kept the rev REALLY high somehow and I think I experienced valve-floating that resulted in this. Maybe I'm totally off but thats what I'm thinking. I'll have everything fixed this week.

At least my main goal is achieved. I'm so happy. Thanks ED ! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

CONGRATS!!! WTG!!! That's a great feeling isn't it? When you say you broke a head stud, you mean the rocker stud right? If so make sure your poly-locks are good and tight when you redo them.

How are you pulling the wheel off the ground with a "one wheel peel"? Also, what tires are you running? What did you shift at?

Killercanary said:
CONGRATS!!! WTG!!! That's a great feeling isn't it? When you say you broke a head stud, you mean the rocker stud right? If so make sure your poly-locks are good and tight when you redo them.

How are you pulling the wheel off the ground with a "one wheel peel"? Also, what tires are you running? What did you shift at?

I meant a rocker stud..Sorry for the confusion. It kinda broke on the top, under the poly locks.

I dont know how I'm pulling the wheel (or maybe wheels) with one wheel burnout but I am. The tech guys were pointing me my driver tire while I was doing burnouts and kinda telling to stop burning out. You can tell cause one tire is almost slick(passenger) and the other one has a lot of threar left. I was running my BFG Drag radials 275/50/15 with 11psi in them. Launching less than 3000rpm with working the clutch. I had my shiftlight set at 5900rpm so by the time you react its propably at 6000-6100rpm. So from 1st to 2nd and to 2nd to 3rd, I was using the shiftlight; and from 3rd to 4th I was shifting a little bit below and crossing at 6000rpm. I cant wait to see the pics ! Hopefully he got them at the right moment..

GTJake said:
You were crossing at 6k?? Is that with 3.90s or 4.10s? I gotta get some steeper gears in mine! Good times!

Jake

I was crossing pretty much at the same exact time as the shiftlight was lighting. It's set at 5900rpm so I'm crossing around there. I dont have an aftermarket tach and mine is off by at least 500 rpm up there in the higher rpm's. I confirmed with the light. This was with 3:90 gears and 26.x inch tire.

Thanks !

Those are awesome times dude. :nice: And consitent. Have you run lately with the nitrous? I'm guessing 11's are possible if you spray on one of those runs.

Gotta replace the studs first though . And your computer. My computer crashed the other day and I think I went into Stangnet withdrawl(irritable,short tempered,shaky... :D ). I ended up busting out Gran Turismo 3 and got my horsepower fix that way. :rolleyes:

congrats, and with 108mph you should be able to go deeper into the 12's.

what was your 60ft? preaty wicked to pull a tire with a one wheel wonder, not flaming but how?

as far as the broken rocker bolt I had a sim. problem last winter, went to lowes, or home depot and got some grade8 sumbich's for like 15-20$ for 20 of them to make sure it dosnt happen agian. I ended up bending a pushrod when mine went though. You should check them just to make sure they are ok.

Wow...we have VERY similar numbers, both in ET and MPH.

I also need to get a tune as I'm on the 100% stock comptuer, but I am jealous of your gears...I'm crossing the traps at 5400rpm's...still plenty left on the table.

What were your 60' times?

Thanks guys. :)

I know this is not the best track out there. Quality is propably below the average track, I'm sure of it. But they were spraying a lot of compound so that was good. My 60ft were all day in the 1.85-1.95 And that was with pretty much only one tire gripping. I dont know whats happening in that rearend...If it works on launching but screws up on burnouts...I have no clue but if you'd look at my tires, you'd see that one is almost new and the other is almost slick. I had my pressure at 11psi, if not closer to 10psi. This seemed to work good for me. I never tried to launch more than at 3000rpm.

How the hell am I lifting the tire ? (I doubt that I'm lifting both) The only thing I can think of is because that rearend is phocked, and that the driver tire was unable to get hot in the burnout, ALL the stress was getting to my passenger wheel and making it grip REALLY good.(So pressure was going down on that wheel) WHich would logically make the driver front go the opposite way. Thats my theory. I just hope the pic(s) worked cause that would be a nice thing to hang on your wall. :nice:

Sleepy McNastee said:
Those are awesome times dude. :nice: And consitent. Have you run lately with the nitrous? I'm guessing 11's are possible if you spray on one of those runs.

Gotta replace the studs first though . And your computer. My computer crashed the other day and I think I went into Stangnet withdrawl(irritable,short tempered,shaky... :D ). I ended up busting out Gran Turismo 3 and got my horsepower fix that way. :rolleyes:

I still have no computer. Still using somebody else's right now. I was kinda in a rush yesterday so I skipped a part. Here it is. After I did all those runs in the 12's, I decided to TEST the nitrous, since I had the bottle filled last week or so. I regapped all my plugs to 0.035 or so, was already using one range colder plugs and I uploaded another tune in my EEc tuner so it retards the right amount ot timing between 3000 and 6000rpm. Something went wrong though with the system. I'm 99% sure that it was that WOT switch that got disengaged somehow during the run. I launched and did 2.3 for my 60ft (nitrous was there for sure) and then it went bad. Even with all that spinning, the car went up again harder than on N/A runs. Anyway, I was in the heat of the moment and I never let it go and didnt wanna cross in 5th gear. I crossed at 6600rpm or MORE in 4th gear. I didnt have the springs upgrade in my AFR's cause I dont wanna go play in those Rpm's. Thats what resulted in my 2 broken rocker studs on my way home. Stupid me. I was using the 100jets. I did the same exact time as my N/A times except 111mph. Those 3mph were gained during the 1/8 of the mile. So nitrous wasnt there after the first 2 gears for sure, but still made me cross at really high rpm's :shrug:

So since I might be going back to college at the end of the month, I might have to sell the car and I cant afford to blow an engine. Saturday's little experience kinda scared me. So yesterday, I pulled all that nitrous system OFF the car and I'm not gonna run it and will be selling it. So I'm sure I would of seen 11's with a dyno tune with the juice, but it's not gonna happen. I'm just gonna play on motor and see how low in the 12's I can get with my ET Drags :)

This was the pic I was hoping to see me in the air. Unfortunately he took it just before I went up. I'm waiting for another one from that guy and one from my friend.

mario2.jpg

zenboy99 said:
Thats awesome, Congratulations! Theres alot of people here now running 12's naturally aspirated.

And that is AWESOME!!! Not even 2-3yrs ago there were maybe 5 TOPS running 12's NA. I'm glad we as a whole are stepping it up, hopefully with continued success like this we can kick the old stereotype of being fat and slow. We just need a few 11 second NA cars now!!! :nice:

Nice pics BTW! I am surprised to hear you only trapped 111mph and crossed that hgih in the RPM's... those tires must be like 25" tall MAX because I'm crossing at ~6000rpms in 4th with 26X10.5X16 ET streets and trapping 110-111mph. Even on my nitto's which are a hair shorter than my ET streets and they don't grow as much on the big end had me going 110mph and I was only around 6100 MAX.

Nice job.

Plan b: get scholarships, reinstall nitrous, get tuned, get 11's :banana:
...just some food for thought... your car's one of the best on here, hate to see you lose it if there's another way.

go.rei GT said:
Nice job.

Plan b: get scholarships, reinstall nitrous, get tuned, get 11's :banana:
...just some food for thought... your car's one of the best on here, hate to see you lose it if there's another way.

i'm thinking he meant he was going to sell the nitrous. that's awesome you got into the 12's. So how much do you think getting there cost (the whole H/C/I swap i mean)?