Im Starting To Get Pisssed!!!!!!!

seany425

Aug 18, 2004
alrite i posted last night about a squeak when i turn my wheel, and you guys said you thought it was the tie rod end. well me and my dad went out and got under there today and he agreed it could be that, but he also seemed to think it could be the strut or the ball joint at the bottom but he didnt know which one we couldnt figure out where the squeak was coming from so now its just such a pain bc i was planning to do some mods and its gonna wind up costing me like $400 because my luck ill have to go through every one of these before i find out which one it is and i just am really pissed :mad: so my question to you guys is what is the most common, where do you think i should start???? just to let you know what kind of squeak it is, its when i turn the wheel its a high pitched squeal and when i turn it slow sometimes it doesnt happen its mostly if i turn it quickly. somebody please help me before i spend all this money trying to fix this stupid problem thats really starting to make me go insane :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

yea when i got my outer tie rod ends replaced not too long ago the guy told me that the ball joints prob needed replacing too, but the tie rod ends were so loud that you couldnt tell if they were squeaking, so now ive got a different squeaking but you cant really hear it over the car. anyway, the outer tie rod ends are the most common thing, id get that checked first. and then the ball joints, after that im not sure, but i hope u get this straightened out soon, i know how annoying it is.

mine did the same thing when I got my car....this is what I did.I got under there and had someone turn the wheel. I located the sound coming from the ball joint on the left side of my car. so I took a knife, and cut a very small hole in the rubber around the ball joint. then sprayed some white lithium grease in it. its been 1 1/2 years and the squeak hasn't returned.

You know if it were an older car I would say check the power steering pump, but apparently this is a fairly common problem that you're lucky to have guys and gals who have had experience with it, beforehand... Keep us informed...