info on 97 eclipse spyder turbo

dastang2

Dec 11, 2003
tx
how heavy is a 97 eclipse spyder convertable with an auto and 2wd. the new guy at work has one. i think i will beat it in the 1/4 because it is an auto and a convertable, it also has a subs and is stock. what do you think about this.

• Sponsors (?)

1997 Eclispse Spyder
2.0L Turbo
Automatic
205HP
Weight : 3167lbs

0-60: 7.2 seconds
Roughly : 16 seconds
Top speed : 125mph

These are the facts i found on a few differnt websites

Hope This Helps

slow95gt said:
unless you start it out in rev. and then correct miss 2-3 and then straighten up, Those things are ssooo slow, lord my friend had one without a turbo and man, it was like riding my bike, i prolly could have beat him on my fourwheeler!! LOL

the rs (model without turbo) is trust me a huge dog..but hes askin about a gst (turbo front wheel drive) which is a completely different animal...if it stock you'll be fine but if something is done to it you may want to keep an eye on it ...also dont race from a roll....from a stop is the way to go....

p.s. these cars can be quick there is a gsx (turbo all wheel drive) eclipse in my town that runs mid 12s all day and drives in the snow very nicely

i wasted a talon/eclipse thingy from a roll the ricer ****** drivin it would not race me form a dig(suprise surprise), my car is puttin down right at 300, but it is a hatch, and a pig to boot weighs like 3550 ish with my fat ass, it sounded like he had some stuff done to it, the bov was poppin pretty hard it sounded like but it was really not even close, and i also have a auto, a very nice auto and i can make it work but a auto none the less, the last time i passed him i screamed out the window "that turbo lag is a ****** huh", he tried to race from a roll agian and i won again ricers suck

7bolts= blah

6bolts= can be fast.

I have a 92GS-T with 3 inch exh and 15psi with meth injection. nothing special and it would whoop up on my 87 vert with 4.10s and a shift kit.

That spyder should be no problem, and yes they have problems, if you got balls you can fix them. People are afraid of what they don't understand haha.

I have a 91 TSi AWD and I wouldnt say that they have a lot of problems, actually less than most cars I have driven, or known of. Mine has 192000 on it with the original trans,engine,turbo,x-fer case, and rear.. The only things I have replaced are axels from cv boots tearing and the joints going dry, and brakes, and the occasional timing and balance shaft belt. Only now at 192k is the stock turbo starting to croak, and since I have owned it it has never seen less that 17 psi, right now my controller is set at 21.. Heck the thing even ran 13.4 with only some 112, removed exhaust after the down pipe, and the boost at 16 psi, thats not bad in my book.. As for the spyder with your mods youll have no problem putting a hurting on him..:SNSign: