Installed New Throttle Body, Idle Issue, 1 Question

TouchOfGray

Jul 20, 2014
Hi car noob here,

I installed a new throttle body (65mm) yesterday and after leaving the battery disconnected for 30 minutes, I tried starting the car with the IAC disconnected. Well it "idles" at around 2700 RPM. I let it run like that for about 2 minutes to see if it would go down but it didn't.

Is the throttle body supposed to be able to fully close? Cause mine doesn't. Throttle stop screw is not touching the plate.
9bCyXIJ.jpg

If that is normal then clearly I have a vacuum leak somewhere. Guess I'll take it apart and re-install it from the beginning. Maybe one of the gaskets is not sitting right or something.

Car is 86 5.0 Auto. Here's another pic of the throttle body from a different angle.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

So I fixed the issue. It was the cable in the picture that was pulling on the throttle (you can see it in the middle, ending in a lug).

FB1EUQ0l.jpg

I thought it was the Cruise Control cable but now I'm not sure at all. I can't seem to find any pictures online of a cable like this one. Could anyone confirm that actually is the CC cable and not some super important cable.

Thanks.