Installed XE278's, springs, new NPI heads

HIGDON

Nov 2, 2003
Ft. Hood, TX
I just got done with my install of a slightly used set of ported NPI heads, Mod Max Valve springs, and XE278's. All I can say is WOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!! This car rocks at idle and once it hits the powerband it hits like a shot of the juice. It revs much more freely and just pulls up to the limiter(will be addressing this issue next week.) I can tell it needs a tune real bad especially at part throttle and idle situations, but for now it's awesome. I also finished my nitrous install and am waiting to have it tuned in next week as well. I was saving for a 5.4(still going to) but I got such a ridiculous steal on the heads and cams I couldn't resist!! $985.00 for the parts and then gaskets, head change kit, etc. Not too bad eh??

• Sponsors (?)

Do you have before dyno numbers? Are you going to dyno it off gas to see what it puts down? I have very similar mods and I am curious to see what porting my heads should make to the ground. Right now I am at 240 rwhp & 275 rwtq with untouched heads. My mods are in my sig if you want to see what I have done.

1ba96gt: If you still have the stuff I have a buddy who wants the same setup on his 98. Let me know and I'll hook you two up.
On the heads the intake was shaped to help it match the PI intake and I used a PI gasket as well, works great. I haven't had a dyno done yet. I really need to. There's a few within an hours drive and I was really waiting until I really needed it. Now I can dyno it and tune it in one swoop. I will keep you posted on the #'s later

Moonlight97GT said:
Do you have before dyno numbers? Are you going to dyno it off gas to see what it puts down? I have very similar mods and I am curious to see what porting my heads should make to the ground. Right now I am at 240 rwhp & 275 rwtq with untouched heads. My mods are in my sig if you want to see what I have done.

Nice numbers!!

I had all the basic bolt-ons. I had a bullit intake, cold air, all of that. I didn't have some small things like under drive pulleys and that type of stuff. The heads are still for sale. They are still completely assembled with the cams and everything. I used to have the flow numbers on them, don't know if I still do. I'll get back to you if I have them.

Anyone interested in heads can e-mail me at [email protected]