intake tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have explained where it is over&over.ifyou don't even have your car now,how can you look?maybe when as you said get your car back you look,you might just find it!i kinda doubt it.its there and if you've had other mustangs,its been on them also.i have't posted a picture because i don't have a camara now.maybe you can find an excuse for that also!the only riddle is you can't find it so it does't exist.its there,when you get your car back look where i've said and then tell me you can't find it.untill then you should keep your comments to yourself!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Getting through to me ??? it's you who isn't paying attention.. I told you and Bigcat also told you, that he looked everywhere on his mustang and wasn't able to find what your talking about, and bigcat is an ASE certified master techncian..Therefore, if anybody can find a part..It's him And I'm done wasting both my time and my patience with you, when and if you really want our help, you let us know by posting the pitcures of this thing, that nobody else but you, seems to know about...

lets wait until there are some pics. the way the thread is going now, it may need :lock:

ill go out myself and snap some pics of my car. tell me if you find them in the pic.

lets not keep arguing back and forth. it is not worth it.

can you point out this part from these pics?

this pic is looking from the passenger side, toward the drivers side under the inlet tube.
e8175cb2.jpg

same pic, a little further back
0a760a70.jpg

looking from the rear of the engine bay toward the front.
e6fb31d3.jpg

same pic, different angle.
9083c8b2.jpg

front and center of the inlet tube.
1b62944d.jpg

front and a little to the drivers side.
26930a39.jpg

front shot of the inlet tube.
9f6acb0e.jpg

frdfrst said:
as ypour looking at the motor from the front of the car,you have the washer fluid container on your right.look to the left and below that and you'll see a little black container under the inlet tube.THATS IT.i hope you find it now as i don't think mine is the only one that has it.:crazy: :doh:

wide shot of the engine bay. note that the washer bottle is at the passenger side of the engine bay.
7bd0e985.jpg

Attachments

• e8175cb2.jpg
    e8175cb2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 9083c8b2.jpg
    9083c8b2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 53
  • e6fb31d3.jpg
    e6fb31d3.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 0a760a70.jpg
    0a760a70.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 1b62944d.jpg
    1b62944d.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 26930a39.jpg
    26930a39.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 9f6acb0e.jpg
    9f6acb0e.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 7bd0e985.jpg
    7bd0e985.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 52
bigcat:as you can see i'm not making anything up as was suggested.now its there redo5bullitgt. so whats your view on it now, or am i still wasting everyones time!you need to look before you leap next time.maybe just get your car back before passing comment!:nono: :lol: :nice:

now the pics are there where did everyone go!how strange.its allright,i ordered the steeda intake tube anyway.redo5bullitgt, where are you!does't matter anyway,next time, don't get froggie when you don't know what your talking about!:chair: :doh: :banana:

you posted those pics at about 10:00 local time for me. i am not usually online at that time.

i dont have a clue as to what that is. :shrug:

when you get it off, i would like to see a pic of the underside of the tube.

i am not sure from you post if you think i said you made it up. i never said it was made up. i asked for pics, because i did not know what you were talking about, especially since it is not on my car. my car was built in 10/04. i have not seen any other car with that either.

can you email me fullsize pics? use the link from my profile.

Intake Muffler... or whatever it is

FrdFst ....... I knew immediately what it was you were describing! You were clear enough. Mine has it and I've noticed it!

The above back and forth stuff AND then a moderator making threats is exactly what makes this sooooooo much fun, don't you think? ha!

When you do find out what, exactly, it's purpose is, I'd sure like to know. If I knew how to upload pictures I'd try to get you a better shot of it; I had this whole assembly out of the car when I removed the HC trap. I really was stumbed as to what it could be.

I have noticed that my car has this nice blower whine sound as I slow down to a stoplight some times....... could this canister be causing it?

i did't think you knew after a few of the back and forths.what it does is cut down on a lot of the intake noise from the air coming into the intake.if you know what the noise sounds like on a 4 barrell carb with no air cleaner on it.i'm on my 5th mustang and all of them through the years have had them.bigcat,don't worry about anything.like i said,i ordered the steeda intake tube.when it comes i'll post pictures on the stock one for you.:nice::nice:

Status
Not open for further replies.