Invitations to go to "Mexico"?

• Sponsors (?)

I would never consider it with kids in the car. I get kids coming up to me once a week wanting to race and at this point in my life, it aint worth the chance of an accident, ticket, or worse.
To be fair Mike, i wouldn't bust out some moves on the Keke challenge with kids in the car either.

Mexico....:D I don't partake in the Mexican fiestas like I used to. But when an unsuspecting dummy thinks my car is stock and wants to play I show'em better than I can tell'em that it ain't stock.....when I'm in the car alone. One night(pretty late too) on my way home from cruising with my buddies, a kid in a civic thought his car was fast. At first I wasn't gonna waste my gas on him when he paced me for a lil while but when he down shifted and I heard the turbo I decided to see what he was working with. We were on the interstate and there weren't many other cars around us. I didn't a quick scan of the area for police presence and mentally gave myself the OK to partake in the fiesta. So we slowed to about 40 or 50mph he honked 3 times and I dropped it it down to 2nd and...needless to say, he didn't have enough boost because I left him as if he put the car in reverse. So I slowed down for him to catch up and he wanted to do it again....so I did. I'm pretty sure he sold the car after that. I left him the same as the previous race but I never let off this time. :D:cool:

Another time on a Sunday evening of cruising with the fellas, this time I had my 6 y/o son with me. A middle-aged guy in a 6 series BMW paced me in the same area in the interstate except this time there was too much traffic to do anything but I wasn't going to do anything with my son in the car anyway. You could clearly see him in the front seat(I removed the backseat) in the harness....SLEEPING. But this guy thought it would be a good time to try to race.....with a lot of cars in front of us. He took off....bobbing and weaving in traffic as if that sht was cool or something. I just shook my head and continued home. I would have expected that from a youngster.:doh:

Reactions: 1 user
Mexico....:D I don't partake in the Mexican fiestas like I used to. But when an unsuspecting dummy thinks my car is stock and wants to play I show'em better than I can tell'em that it ain't stock.....when I'm in the car alone. One night(pretty late too) on my way home from cruising with my buddies, a kid in a civic thought his car was fast. At first I wasn't gonna waste my gas on him when he paced me for a lil while but when he down shifted and I heard the turbo I decided to see what he was working with. We were on the interstate and there weren't many other cars around us. I didn't a quick scan of the area for police presence and mentally gave myself the OK to partake in the fiesta. So we slowed to about 40 or 50mph he honked 3 times and I dropped it it down to 2nd and...needless to say, he didn't have enough boost because I left him as if he put the car in reverse. So I slowed down for him to catch up and he wanted to do it again....so I did. I'm pretty sure he sold the car after that. I left him the same as the previous race but I never let off this time. :D:cool:

Another time on a Sunday evening of cruising with the fellas, this time I had my 6 y/o son with me. A middle-aged guy in a 6 series BMW paced me in the same area in the interstate except this time there was too much traffic to do anything but I wasn't going to do anything with my son in the car anyway. You could clearly see him in the front seat(I removed the backseat) in the harness....SLEEPING. But this guy thought it would be a good time to try to race.....with a lot of cars in front of us. He took off....bobbing and weaving in traffic as if that sht was cool or something. I just shook my head and continued home. I would have expected that from a youngster.:doh:
Upsets me greatly when people want to and actually do race on crowded streets. Reminds me too much of the stupid brothers in the new Mustang 5.0 that raced a Nissan and killed the woman and child that was crossing the street not too long ago.
goes to prison like.....o
leaves prison like........O

Upsets me greatly when people want to and actually do race on crowded streets. Reminds me too much of the stupid brothers in the new Mustang 5.0 that raced a Nissan and killed the woman and child that was crossing the street not too long ago.
goes to prison like.....o
leaves prison like........O
I agree. But as a new mustang owner 20 years ago I've done that dumb sht too. I was just lucky enough to not get in any accidents or kill anybody....a lot of close calls tho. That was before I started to think BEFORE I act.:eek:

So, we have been struggling with our middle son and potty training, mainly going #2. So I was struggling with him last night as he stood in the bathroom crying, refusing to "poop in the potty". I resort to bribing, offering ice cream and toys, he just continues to cry.

At my wits end I throw out a ride in the Mustang. He immediately stops crying and ask if we will do "tire smoke", I tell him we will. He crawls up on the toilet and commences to take care of business. He then runs and puts his shoes on and tells his momma what he has done and where we are going.

We load up and I stop at the corner store where I put $10 of gas in, while I left the car running, clearly hitting a "lick" (is that one of your hated terms mike?). A guy in a Cummins pulls in and starts to pump gas beside us, I get the nod from him. I finish pumping and hop back in with my son. I asked if he was ready for tire smoke, which he was. We eased out on the country road in front of the station and I lit them up for probably a 100 feet before letting off for 3rd gear. My son had a ball, so did I, and he asked me today if we would do it again if he pooped in the potty.

I think ice cream every night will be cheaper.

Joe

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users
I drive too fast. Often. :nonono: I'm old enough now that If it turns into a race, I'm done. I'll tuck behind the slowest putz in the right hand lane and let em by. I have no desire whatsoever to help press some other idiot into doing something stupid. If I peel off and let em get some distance, they generally settle in and stop driving like complete morons. If they don't, well.... I'm not contributing to his getting out of shape.

I like road course tracks. It let's you get it all out. :nice:

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
The cars nowadays are so much faster than when I did it in the '60's-'70's. It was stop light to stop light usually, the cars were fast for that but way down on top speed to get there. Newer cars are fast to insane speeds nowadays and O tolerance from the LEO's. My favorite was the stop light with two lanes that merged to one, a little bit of "chicken" was needed some times but miracously I never had the downside luckily.

I drive too fast. Often. :nonono: I'm old enough now that If it turns into a race, I'm done. I'll tuck behind the slowest putz in the right hand lane and let em by. I have no desire whatsoever to help press some other idiot into doing something stupid. If I peel off and let em get some distance, they generally settle in and stop driving like complete morons. If they don't, well.... I'm not contributing to his getting out of shape.

I like road course tracks. It let's you get it all out. :nice:
And now we all sound like our fathers....The ones that constantly fiddled with idle mixture screw on the one barrel carbureted I-6's trying to balance a quarter on the air cleaner....the one that cussed at you when he had to help you work on "that big assed V8" that was in your 69 Mach 1....
You damn hoodlums!! You're gonna mess around and kill somebody!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
And now we all sound like our fathers....The ones that constantly fiddled with idle mixture screw on the one barrel carbureted I-6's trying to balance a quarter on the air cleaner....the one that cussed at you when he had to help you work on "that big assed V8" that was in your 69 Mach 1....
You damn hoodlums!! You're gonna mess around and kill somebody!

I think that this is the result of narrow escapes over the years where you sat a moment and thought, "I should not have gotten away with that".