iPod hook up in the stang

BlackenedSVT

Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
Has anyone wired their iPod into the stang? I got this POS connection that u plug into the ipod for xmas and u just let it sit in the car and it jacks a free radio station and is supposed to play ur ipod music then.... but it doesn't work. So i wanted to know if you guys hard wire them somehow into the stangs at all :shrug:or if they sell kits like this from somewhere.

I work for BMW and i know we do these installs all the time on the beamers, but they come with their own install kits from BMW direct.

• Sponsors (?)

Go to walmart and buy the $10 philips cassette-tape adapter. Its a plain looking cassette tape with a cord running from it you can plug into your ipod for cd-quality music.

Unless you have the newer system without the tape player..then you're going to have to find out if it has any other inputs in the back for things like that.

yeah the 99 Cobra i thinkw as the last stang to have a tape player option lol

I have the Mach 460 6 CD changer in-dash. Anyone else know? And i want it to be "professionally" done not that ghetto tape with wires hanging out of the dash thing... but thanks anyway for the suggestion.

I just picked up the Pioneer CD-IB100II. Its really sweet it took a little work to get it all hooked up but way worth it. i just plug my ipod in (The glovebox) and i can navigate through all my music using my Pioneer radio. Plus it charges my ipod at the same time.

I have 2004 Gt mach 460 which requires a different connection than previous model versions. I used the PIE Adapter frd03 - aux/s. I installed it last week in about 20 minutes time and was playing the ipod. It was the simplest thing. I tuck the adapter below the deck, ran the rca from the breakout box through a small hole near the accelerator pedal and then tucked the wires under the bottom edge of the console . I'm still figuring out where I want to mount before I drill.

You can also buy an adaptor along with PIE that will allow you to charge and play the ipod through the dock connector without going through the headphone jack.

thanks man. I actually spent $80 and bought this one that charges the iPod as well as highjacks a radio station. I've tried it and it works good. So i think I'll stick with this for a little while.

I'll keep this in mind though

Alpine makes head units with high speed ipod connection cable. They work amazing. I have the alpine cda9857 in my 92gt and it works perfect. i have many friends that have differnt model of the alpines with the ipod cable and they are high quality and work great.