Is it possible to temporarily jump the pins on the pwr seat switch so I can move fwd?

yellowstang1994

Sep 9, 2004
Guys I can't drive my car, my seat is all the way back and I just can't clutch that far back. I tried everything to get the damn thing forward and I just can't get it anywhere. I know I need a new switch or manual rack asap. Right now I have it apart and i'm messing around with trying to jump the pins on it just to get it forward but I think i'm about to set myself on fire if I keep messing around too much. I can't seem to find a wiring diagram anywhere for this.

It looks like the black wire has the power. But if I supply any of the connectors with power nothing happens.

Please help guys!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I agree with ^^^^^^.

If you're using your car battery, use a fuse on the power wire you use to jump the pins.

I went through the same crap and had to go to a manual track.

Good luck.

Put the passenger side rack on the driver side. It's probably not a power rack on that side. I have two passenger racks in mine. It is offset slightly but I barely notice. They really screwed us with crappy power racks.

I helped a friend with the same problem. We used a battery jump pack, one that's for jumping a dead battery. Clamped the battery leads on some speaker cable and ran it to the seat motor harness. It worked. We never could figure out why there was not power coming from the line under the carpet but sold the car before he fixed. All of his fuses were good, just no power to the lines under the carpet