Is this one of those too good to be true mods?

70stangcoupe

Founding Member
Nov 12, 2001
Winston-Salem, NC
I feel stupider for even asking this question, but here goes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42604&item=7906690113&rd=1

40 Horsepower for 20 bucks shipped? Seems way too good to be true. I'm very unfamiliar with fuel injection and computerized motors to begin with, so maybe there is some truth in the eBay ad's description?

My friend just got an 88 GT and I'm trying to do whatever I can to outrun him. Will the gains I see from this 20$ "superchip" be worth the money, at all?

• Sponsors (?)

im wondering how/where that would hook up to.. it looks like it doesnt have a connection for your ECU port. however, it's pretty safe to say its a too good to be true.. if that really gave you 40 horse dont you think 1. everyone would have it and 2. there would be a write up on it in any mustang related magazine? you can do what you want, but just my $.02, i would say get a performance chip from a reputable company (diablo, superchips, etc) instead of wasting money on something that most likely wont work.

My friend bought one of those things for his eclipse and it messed it up pretty bad and when he took it out his car began to run a little bit better. Its wayyy to good to be true and like Procharger GT said if it did really work alot of people would have them. Buy somthin else and smoke your friend:D

Procharger, thats what I originally thought, but look at the guys feedback. No negatives, most made mention to an increase in performance. I don't have the money to spend on a pro chip like Diablo, etc, so I just figured for 20$ I could try this out. Thanks for the opinion, I'll definately keep it in mind. Everybody else?