Is this supercharger legit??

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know but it looks kinda like a roots style blower from a SC Tbird, although not really sure, looks a little different than that though???

I'm actually curious what the blower is from as well??I looked again at it, I think it is a Tbird blower(M-90 SC). If it is it won't fit. Not all 3.8's are the same, the guy is full of crap in my opinion, you would need the 3.8 supercoupe engine from an 89-93 Tbird, which is similar to the 94 to 98 style, and quite different then the 99+.

there are a couple of guys that are making custom manifolds to run a T-bird blower on splitport engines.

it is a T-bird blower and it`s on a singleport engine. also he makes no mention that it is for splitport engines. if you look at the engine you`ll see an aluminum pad to the side of the blower snout that is the coil pack mounting pad for singleport engines. it looks like he relocated it to the other side by using a splitport coil pad. he also swapped sides with the valvecovers so the oil fill is on the passenger side

if you want to know more about it contact him and ask

I agree buyer beware. Also take a look at the very bottom "MONEY ORDER ONLY FOR THIS AUCTION! THANKS!" Let me guess you send the money order to a box somewhere and never see your supercharger. Again I say BUYER BEWARE!

Doc

The only thing I don't like about it is he doesn't say it is for split port or single port 3.8's. You would definately need to contact him to find out for sure, if there is an adapter of some sort for the split port engines.

Plus he basically guarentees you'll beat any 4.6 or 5.0, you would be fast but come on :notnice:

I would go through someone like Vortech who you know you can trust. There are few other companies out there but I'm just using Vortech as an exsample. That way you know for sure your not wasting 4k on crap and probly get a warranty also. I would think a 99-04' 3.8 blown would give any GT a run for its money and if you get it profeesionaly tuned hell you probly kill a few GTs :nice: