Is this too much money for an alignment?

I thought I'd take the stang in to get one and it comes out its gonna be about 150 for it all. They said I need some part thats 90 bucks and 60 to align it. Right now I dont know what part it could be but if its c/c plates I have some I cant get. I know my alignment is really messed up b/c when I was looking at the automated picture of what it looks like I saw #'s in the 2.5 range and that didnt seem too good. What would my fellow stangers suggest I do?

• Sponsors (?)

jbritt1234 said:
Wow! I paid about $60 to get mine done by a very respectible shop. I couldn't tell you if your price is high or mine os low though... ;)

he said it was $60 to align it, and $90 for parts, that seems like a fair price to me

even though i paid $100 for just an alignment :shrug:

I would question as to what parts they plan on installing. If it is C/C plates, unless you are lowered, they should be able to get you back into alignment. Even if they need more adjustment, they can still use your stock plates.

I would go to another shop and get a second opinion...

P.S. I pay $80 for a $55 alignment because my car is lowered.

what ever happened to the ol' $19.95 alignment? $h!t I remember getting a couple of those buy a respectable shop with quality work, and I'm only 24! Has inflation really drove prices up that much in 6 years. :scratch: ...now that you think about it... it was along time ago huh :shrug:

krly79 said:
what ever happened to the ol' $19.95 alignment? $h!t I remember getting a couple of those buy a respectable shop with quality work, and I'm only 24! Has inflation really drove prices up that much in 6 years. :scratch: ...now that you think about it... it was along time ago huh :shrug:

i remember that, but it was with purchase of a tune-up, which isnt too bad i guess..

bowens99GT said:
90 is for the ford racing cc plates......im going to get the bbk for cheaper

Unless your car is dropped 1.75 inches or more, they can use your stock C/C plates to bring you back into alignment. They may have to drill out a rivet to make the adjustment but you aren't required to purchase new plates. If you are going to replace your C/C plates, get some good ones.

I would check with another shop. Anyone that tries to sell you something you don't necessarily need is not someone I would want to do business with.

base cost for alignment is $59.95 at our shop.

typical Mustangs with Steeda Sports or springs along those lines are $59.95, and c/c plate are never required.

if a car is too low to get up the ramps we charge an extra fee just to get the car on the lift, we can get anythig up, its just a PITA... anyways, this charge is ususally $30~$40 depending on the car, and most often involves a slammed import with a low body kit.

-Mike