It's official

xr8d302

I bought a 27" monitor to compensate for my lack o
Apr 29, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
The car is going in to get the paint stripped this week, and we ARE going to have a new color on the car before next season

don't mind the greyed out bottom of the pic, I stopped uploading on photobucket before it was done...also, forgive my shady photoshop work

_T6C00502tone.jpg

This is the black grey paint scheme that I'd talked about before, and not sure exactly when it'll go in for it's final job, but I know that the red'll be gone by the beginning of next week. I think I might honestly shed a tear when I see the first progress

Attachments

• _T6C00502tone.jpg
    _T6C00502tone.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Sponsors (?)

Dude, thats gonna look un-fracking-believable when its done. Are you going with a deep gunmetal color for the bottom? I'm gonna be thoroughly jealous of your paint when I bring mine back to K-town in March. Color changes are a ton of work, but it'll be worth it. Are you gonna keep the red underhood theme?

K, time for answers haha, wish i had have gotten to this sooner

The amount of detail that I want put into this job was realized today when I got the 6000 dollar pricetag....I'm trying to work that down to under 4000 by doing ALOT of the prep work (i.e. handing him a bare shell with which to work with, and the bumpers, sideskirts, on the side)

The engine bay will be sprayed the same black as the top of the car...if time and materials are sufficient, we'll sort out smoothing out the engine bay.

Therian - I may have some questions during the teardown and sanding, we'll be in touch :nice:

pleasehelp - if materials permit, I will also be painting my own face in dark shadow grey.