Roush I've got Saleen under my skin.

Rotzs99

Oct 28, 2005
Cliffs notes at end.

After seeing Hollywood Homicide staring Harrison Ford, Josh Hartnett, and a very beautifull 01-04 silver Saleen Vert. I got a hard on for Saleens again. Some of you might remember i was here a while back nosing around about em.

Last time you guys said it was better to get a non S/C and just slap a KB on it. I've been looking and ive found that a lot of s/cs are just 1-2k above non s/cs, might be nice to just get one of those and have fun with it. Then i saw Gonan's post where he found a few Es at 25-28k, now thats the deal since it already has forged internals etc.

Quick question, someone said that all saleen superchargers are inferior to KB, but if the series V is a 2.3L whipple aint that a pretty damn good supercharger?

Then i looked at maybe getting a low mileage GT and just piecing together a clone. All the bodywork/paint/suspension/brakes really adds up quickly, and theres just something special about being able to say, "yeah, its real." Thats why i think it would be more fun owning a s/c saleen than one of 20,000 03/04 cobras.

So some of the "deals" ive seen are 01-04 s/cs with anywhere from 8k miles - 40k miles for around 23k, some verts scattered in there too. Good deals or no?

How rare are the Saleen seats and optional 6 speed on s/cs and base models as wel, anyone know?

CLIFFS NOTES

1. I got a hard on for saleens

2. Is the series V a badass blower and comparable to a KB?

3. Is a 01-04 S/C with 8k-40k miles for 23k a good deal?

4. How rare are the Recaro Saleen seats and 6 speed trans on base and s/c models

5. What 6speed trans is it? t-56?

6. Am i crazy looking to get a saleen and supercharge it or get a 281 s/c, and should i just get a 03/04 cobra instead?

7. You are awesome if you read all this and answer any of it!

• Sponsors (?)

Well I don't believe that S/C models came with the 6speed. Only E cars did. The Recaro seats I believe were pretty rare, but I'm not sure. A KB blower will always be better then the stock, in most cases. And if you really want a Saleen get one, don't get a Cobra if ya want a Saleen. I believe that 23k for a Saleen isn't bad but if it has 40k miles. You might be able to find better deals. Hope this helps..

The "E" supercharger is close to being as good as the KB, its main problem is a crappy intercooler, which could easily be fixed without alot of money or hassle. KB's make great power, but their reliability is in the crapper. I have 2 friends, who have went through 5 superchargers in less then 2000 miles. I dont care if its an isolated incident, thats WAY to much, you dont see people with eatons, paxtons, vortechs doing through any of that nonsense. That alone will make me never own a KB product b/c from what i've seen through my friends, they just arent reliable.

Buy and E or through a paxton 2000 on a s281 and be done, you'll make KB power or more and actually be reliable. All the problems my friends had were oil seals leaking out of the snout

All the problems my friends had were oil seals leaking out of the snout

I think that problem has been fixed with the new KB blowers, not sure tho.

I thought this was going to be thread about tattoos...

Sorry, Im not a tattoo person.

Well I don't believe that S/C models came with the 6speed. Only E cars did. The Recaro seats I believe were pretty rare, but I'm not sure. A KB blower will always be better then the stock, in most cases. And if you really want a Saleen get one, don't get a Cobra if ya want a Saleen. I believe that 23k for a Saleen isn't bad but if it has 40k miles. You might be able to find better deals. Hope this helps..

I looked at the Saleen Spec sheets and they say 6 speed was an option, I've seen non E versions with 6 speeds. Thanks for the price tip as well. The only reason I would choose cobra is because of the factory built engine and the ability to make 700rwhp with a 2.6KB. on stock internals/block. Which leads me to the question...Do all saleens have the same block as GTs or is the E a better block? Isnt the GT block only good to 400rwhp maybe 500?

Thanks for the responses, and keep em coming.

KB can say the problem was fixed all the way, all 5 blowers were the "fixed" styles...they can sell that lie to someone else. All of these blowers were purchased within the last 6 months.

the s281 never had a six speed option, only the E.

E's have the same block, but have forged internals.

KB can say the problem was fixed all the way, all 5 blowers were the "fixed" styles...they can sell that lie to someone else. All of these blowers were purchased within the last 6 months.

the s281 never had a six speed option, only the E.

E's have the same block, but have forged internals.

This option sheet says it could be ordered on 281s.

So the weakness becomes the block, wonder how much it can take.

This option sheet says it could be ordered on 281s.

So the weakness becomes the block, wonder how much it can take.

The weakness is the internals not the block. I busted a rod at 430 rwhp but some handle more and some less. I suggest you get a low milage s281 and start from there. That way you can put in whatever motor you want to your specs. Then slap on the blower of your choice.

The weakness is the internals not the block. I busted a rod at 430 rwhp but some handle more and some less. I suggest you get a low milage s281 and start from there. That way you can put in whatever motor you want to your specs. Then slap on the blower of your choice.

I see the mods in your sig, what kind of numbers are you putting down.

If you just buy a S/C car you will need forged internals to put over 450rwhp, if even that much. I didn't know that the 6 speed was optional on S/C cars. That's good to know, thanks for that info.
What I would recommend is if you can find a nice E car for the price tag that you are looking for then buy it. And if you want more power go with the supercharger of your choice. But if the E car is too pricey then buy a nice reliable S/C and build the bottom end, a nice set of heads, cams, and blower. This all depends on how deep your pocket book is though, and how much power you want. I hope that this helps..