Just finished Installation of SPEC

Well after about 7 long hard hours I was able to get my Stage 2 spec clutch and adjustable clutch quadrant installed. Clutch has great pedal feel and feels like it works just fine. Of course there is the chattering on the occasion mainly in 4th gear but I'm just hoping that works out. The only real complaint I have is that when I'm wanting to shift or whenever I go to hit the pedal while my rpms are decently high (2100>>) I get this extreme vibration feel in the pedal. Does anyone have this problem or know if this is something that is supposed to work out with break-in time? :shrug: If anyone knows the answer or a way to fix the problem please lemme know. Thanks :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Mine should be comming in the mail soon. Hows is the pedal feel? Aslo is it a pain to drive in traffic??? About your clutch problems I think somone said go to ford and buy thier throwout bearing and use that istead of the spec one.

Spec Aluminum Flywheel

I installed the spec stage 3 clutch and aluminum flywheel and love how it holds the power. On a side note I used the stock clutch cable instead of the adjustable one for a softer pedal. Less foot pressure is needed due to the longer length of the stocker and I heard to many horror stories of adjustables failing.

The pedal feel is wonderful and that was my main concern. I think alot goes to the adjustable cable because the one I got from CBP is supposed to make it 20 percent lighter and I see how it does it. As for the flywheel I did not get it resurfaced mainly because it had no grooves and looked great and also there was no place I could have gotten it done this weekend. I have had to replace 3 ford TOB so I decided I would try the spec one out. about 100 miles on it now and still some chattering in 3rd and 4th and the pedal with accelaration has some vibration that I dont like but hopefully that will go away. But the thing feels like the stock pedal.

You broke one of the main rules of clutch replacement. Always resurface the flywheel! The old clutch definately smoothed the flywheel out and I am sure it had imperfections in it. Just the slightest imperfection will cause major problems.