Just got new convertible top,rear window from 50resto.com

Slow5.0

Feb 13, 2003
Portland, OR
Man i'm happy .after 3 year finaly i bought new top
Old one was in bad shape, it leaked bad
In a few minutes i going to ripoff old one and start installing new stuff , i got case bear ,so see ya when i got done (if i don't get drunk) lol

I will take some pics like always i do with new stuff

• Sponsors (?)

Just take your time and if you have a camera take pics while taking the old top off that way you can look at them as a reference when u go to put the new one on. And it's all about finally adjustments....you might have to go back and unstaple and restaple the top, but if you do it right u can get all the lines out. Good luck.

Killercanary said:
Ernan, do you directions or something detailing how to replace it? I've heard it a pretty rough job.

Well i got instructions from donjon and one from 50resto , but its hard, last night i pulled everything apart , its gonna be hard adjust that new rear window , i spend a few hrs last night in cleaning , it was dirty is hell , because of places that can't be reach when i cleaning my car ,plus i repainted some pieces

I did mine couple months ago. It wasn't hard but it was time consuming. I had a broken hydraulic cylinder on one side and numerous other little problems that I found. There can be some sewing involved. But overall, if everything goes smoothly it shouldn't be too bad at all. Just make sure you fix all the little stuff that might be broken.(the staple tacking strip breaks apart often). Also when you get to putting it back together, I'd switch those black plastic nuts from the inside around the rear section to standard metal nuts/washers. Much easier to get on/off and not strip.

Well today i didn't tauch top ,today my brother got short block for his 96 Ford Probe GT from machine shop ,so i was puting it together whole day, neat little 2.5 V6 ,high rev motor up to 10000rpms :D

Well didn't touch top today again , i had to work , i work on college and seniors had graduation , those a few 100s kids drink 150 liter of champagne DAMN

So we workers after finish with everything ,me made little party at work , champagne and beer and some food and i was wasted big time, end up with some chick from work ,she give me ride to home , long story ,im sober now

Yeah that motor is good to 8000rpms stock, we upgrade valvetrain and ballanced everything , but we wont take that high at track , meybe 8500

BTW i will try to finish tomorrow, i have everything line up how i wanted,all i have to do is put a few staples, more like a few 100s