Just installed MGW Short Throw (orange)

• Sponsors (?)

no shifter gasket. Im hard of hearing and I couldnt tell of any noises, might just be me. I set the handle down as low as it can go because I wanted the shortest shift possible and between 7 and 8 o'clock. Because I set it as low as it would go it takes a little more effort to put it in 1st and reverse. Im sure Ill get used to it after a while. Switching from 1st to 2nd is almost effortless and going into 3rd it basically sucks it right in as if I were pushing straight up and it was magnetized to go into 3rd. 4th is a piece of cake. Overall I love it. I may move it up a tad just to make it a little less stiff for reverse and 1st but who the hell buys a short throw for those gears.

I just re-installed mine today! I had some warranty work done on my tranny so I figured it would be a good idea to put the stocker back on!:D

If you think the orange handle is short, try the silver one. It is about a half inch shorter in both length and height.
Car is in neutral in this photo.
11-02-06_1100.jpg

Car is in second gear in this photo.
11-02-06_1104.jpg

Attachments

• 11-02-06_1100.jpg
    11-02-06_1100.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 11-02-06_1104.jpg
    11-02-06_1104.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 88
installed my MGW shifter (orange) a few months back, didn't like it :)eek: ), considered selling it for a Pro50 with stock handle.

eventually found a red handle (thanks BennyBlown2v) and now...

"omg i love it"

awhile back i emailed george at MGW asking if they had any red's laying around or if he'd fire up the 'ol CNC machine and make me a custom one, he said i was the only person EVER to complain about the orange handle (LOL) and that EVERYONE liked the orange over the red or blue.

different strokes i guess:shrug:
i prefer the vertical over the angled position of the knob

I just re-installed mine today! I had some warranty work done on my tranny so I figured it would be a good idea to put the stocker back on!:D

If you think the orange handle is short, try the silver one. It is about a half inch shorter in both length and height.
Car is in neutral in this photo.
11-02-06_1100.jpg

Car is in second gear in this photo.
11-02-06_1104.jpg

Silver handle?! Where did you get that??

Attachments

• 11-02-06_1100.jpg
    11-02-06_1100.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 11-02-06_1104.jpg
    11-02-06_1104.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 91
eventually found a red handle (thanks BennyBlown2v)

:nice: Yeah I like the orange one just playing with it (haven't driven the car), makes the reach for 5th a bit more bearable hehe. I still have a blue, and it by far has the most crazy short shifts lolzzz The vertical position is nice if you sit closer to the wheel, but for daily driving sitting in a relaxed position I like the extra length the orange gives me

awhile back i emailed george at MGW asking if they had any red's laying around or if he'd fire up the 'ol CNC machine and make me a custom one, he said i was the only person EVER to complain about the orange handle (LOL) and that EVERYONE liked the orange over the red or blue.

different strokes i guess:shrug:
i prefer the vertical over the angled position of the knob

I don't like the orange handle either. I've had a chance to drive a couple and wasn't a fan.

I have a red handle in mine and love it.

I've been trying to find a blue handle but no luck.

Where can you get one of those silver handled shifters?? I want to give it a try