Just picked up a 85'

SuperDust22

The Power of Pixie Dust?!
Oct 19, 2003
Gilbert,AZ
I just got my 85 Mustang LX. This this a piece right now. Where should I start. I want to turn this thing into more of a drag car. But I still want to drive it on the street and when I work on my 94 I need another car to drive. Can someone give me some good websites where to buy parts and some other 85' forums. It needs alot of body work and inside need some TLC. And can someone give see some info about this car. Thanks

Dustin

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah I will get some up. I have a car cover over it right now. It is a beater car. I have wanted a project car forever. It will be a slow project since I am still in college but I think it will be alot of fun. How much does a 5 Lung conversion cost?

And can you guys post some pictures or other 85' so I know how they can look.

Dustin

Few pics of the FEP forums:

album_pic.php

644416_2_full.jpg

As far as the 5-lug swap, it's all in how far you wanna go with it. I did a budget swap on my 83 by using ranger/aerostar rear axles and drums and ranger rotors up front for under $100.

As far as the 5-lug swap, it's all in how far you wanna go with it. I did a budget swap on my 83 by using ranger/aerostar rear axles and drums and ranger rotors up front for under $100. You can go with SN95 suspension and brakes for a little more, disc rear, etc, depends on how resourceful you are in the junkyards, or you can buy new sets for $1000 plus.... all in what you want to spend. For now I'm content with my 80's stopping power but will prolly upgrade in the future.

Now a 5 luNg swap....well I've never tackled that, my 2 lungs do just fine.... :D

CarlsV6 said:
Now a 5 luNg swap....well I've never tackled that, my 2 lungs do just fine.... :D

Sorry I type fast sometimes and then I don't read what I wrote. So what is all needed for the swap. I need new braked for my 94' when I get those could I put the ones on the 85'.

BTW I wish I have two lungs that work right. I have had 4 collapsed lungs. Luckily they are stable for now.

Dustin