Just picked up a new stang

Well new to me I found a triple black 95 Gt one of the cars I've always wanted with around 80k I'm going to change the motor oil this weekend and drop the transmission pan and change the filter. My main question is I was told that the transmission uses mercon fuid is that the same as dextron mercon? It been awhile since I've messed with an auto. Also about how many quarts would I need to bring it back to full? This is my first sn95 and I love it. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Isn't mercon v synthetic? Would it hurt anything if they mixed? If so would 80k be to many miles to swap the motor to synthetic? I had herd after a certain point if you switch to synthetic you might get leaks. If it would not hurt anything if mixed then I will.swap.

Isn't mercon v synthetic? Would it hurt anything if they mixed? If so would 80k be to many miles to swap the motor to synthetic? I had herd after a certain point if you switch to synthetic you might get leaks. If it would not hurt anything if mixed then I will.swap.

The change is recommended by Ford in this TSB to deal with a converter shudder problem.