K&N Air Filter Opinions

• Sponsors (?)

I've heard CAI's aren't all they're cracked up to be. Especially the bling bling chrome ones because metal heats up faster than plastic and it's really not cold air. :shrug:

Don't quote me on this though, I don't have a CAI, but I just plan to drop a K&N or Fram Air Hog in.
~A.C.

I have the Mac CAI, it looks cool but thats about it. It's a real pain in the #ss to clean the filter, as it's in the fenderwell. Testing with the G-tech Comp. there is no difference in 1/4 mile times with and without.[I took it off, and just run the stocker with a K&N filter] The K&N filter will not work on the Mac CAI, not sure about any of the others, but most CAI come with a filter. If you do a search on CAI you will find mixed reviews, but the general consensus is, if you must buy one, get one without the sharp bend into the fenderwell, as the bend can cause the MAF to get inaccurate readings. It does make a cool turbo-like sound though.
Edit: Keep in mind, just b/c it didn't help my 1/4 mile times, doesn't mean it won't help yours, every car responds differently.

get a universal 4" x 9" filter and drop the airbox. i was really surprised the difference it made when i was not expecting it. it felt more responsive and really felt like it was getting more air easier. i recommend that instead of a drop-in style.

I got a BBK CAI. Cost some cash. (like 250 to 300) But they are nice. Do not go in to the store and get one that looks cool it will do you no good. I went with this one becuase it connects my throttle body to my MAS and my MAS to my fender. (No 90 degree angles) You want one that does not have many bends in it. Look at BBK or MAC.