K&N air intake

Rol224

Apr 25, 2004
Pittsburgh
I was thinking about buying a K&N or BBK intake... a few questions

1) Is this something I can install myself without F'in anything up?
2) I'm on a warranty....will that affect anything?
3) What can I expect from putting one in......sound, performance etc?

• Sponsors (?)

1) Yes, and no. It's harder than it looks in pictures, but's it's simple to the point where you won't destroy anything.
2) Technically yes, but just keep the stock one around if you need to get some work done on it.
3) You will get in the neighborhood of 0-10HP depending on a ton of other factors that I won't discuss. Yes, it does actually give better sounding exhaust and engine, and better gas mileage!

If you need help, let me know and I can take pictures of where things need to connect to etc. Look at the image on my cardomain page, it shows my CAI installed compared to stock.

1) just put a K&n fiter in your stock intake, that will add you a few hp, just a higher flow, and if you do that then
2) there was a government statement made years ago that says unless the manufacturer is willing to supply free filters for life, then any aftermarket filter can not void a warranty. (however this will not include a CAI)
3) yeah, you'll get a preformance boost from just the K&N filter in your stock intake.