K&N FIPK: Is it worth it?

• Sponsors (?)

I put mine on a few months ago. Most people will tell you it's a waste of $$$. I actually like it. Gave a mean sound up front and I've gotten better times with it at the track but that's only because it actually got colder up here in September. I do feel like it helped a little at high rpm. Good luck with your decision.

Alot of people are spilt on wheather or not CAI improve performance or not, me personally I like the way that they look under the hood and also when you get on the throttle you can really hear the CAI sucking in air. It's really all personal preference. Later.

I'm still planning on getting one. I like the MAC set up that goes into the fenderwell. Although the rain that we had is making me reconsider it. Since everyone says it doesn't help as much as the older Stangs I just moved it down on my mod list.

i need to clean my filter.... but yeah fipks are nice but it wont give you significant results... also does having a dirty filter rob ur hp???

does having a bigger throttle body neccessarily give you more hp???

i have a 70mm and i kind of regretted not getting the 75mm.

Stock my car put down 228.5rwHP. After installing the FIPK-II it made 237.8rwHP. I don't know how much of a gain each part (i.e. filter, removal of airbox, ducting etc) made but on the whole, at 9.3rwHP, it's still the best mod I've made (though I haven't made many...)

I installed the Densecharger fender to TB system as opposed to the FIPK (simply because I got a smokin deal on eBay) . At first I didn't really feel any difference, but after a while I noticed a significant improvement in performance between 4000 and 5500 RPMs. The car just seems to pull a bit harder than before. Could be just my imagination since I've never had the car on a dyno...but I think it compliments my Borla exhaust.

turbokid said:
does having a bigger throttle body neccessarily give you more hp???

i have a 70mm and i kind of regretted not getting the 75mm.

As far as TB size...I was told that bigger is not necessarily better, and could actually hurt performance under certain conditions. Then again, I'm still N/A...I'd imagine with your turbo you could easily benefit from a 75mm TB. (I assume you're turbocharged from your username??)

As far as TB size...I was told that bigger is not necessarily better, and could actually hurt performance under certain conditions. Then again, I'm still N/A...I'd imagine with your turbo you could easily benefit from a 75mm TB. (I assume you're turbocharged from your username??)[/QUOTE]

hahah infact im supercharged =]