K&N FIPK: Worth it.

I like my FIPK. I noticed immediate gains with it (of course, I didn't expect 20 hp from the thing, so I was pleased with the maybe 5-8 that I did get). It is worth some of the extra $$$ over a drop-in just for the looks and sound (intake 'whoosh' and louder exhaust). It's also fun to have a Sunday afternoon wrenching project that is pretty much fool-proof.

My dad liked mine, so he got one for his '01 GT. He found out while he was installing it that the prior owner already had put in a drop-in. Nevertheless, he noticed some gains with the FIPK.

• Sponsors (?)

twogts4us said:
Accufab Plenum & 70mm TB :nice: You won't be disappointed!!! Feel the car just freakin pull like never before above 3K. (Can ya tell I'm lovin' mine?!)

:nice: I just installed mine last night and cannot agree with this assessment more. I mean it's not a Cobra all of a sudden but it's definitely got more torque down low, a more gutteral intake noise and a better pull over 3K.

:banana:

there was an article in this months Muscle mustangs and fast fords. they took a bone stock 03 cobra and dyno'd it. then put the K&N FIPK on and dyno'd an extra 25 hp, 30 with the hood up. What it does for a N/A 2v is likely less, but it was a good article. I might have to pic one of those up :nice:

I had an FIPK II setup and loved it... but I moved on to my C&L Trueflow pipe but b/c i wanted to keep the stock MAF i used the FIPK II filter shroud and filter. I didn't notice that much of a gain w/ the C&L but it looks good sitting in there and was what i needed to pipe my nitrous in.

Mike

smokin'Red35th said:
there was an article in this months Muscle mustangs and fast fords. they took a bone stock 03 cobra and dyno'd it. then put the K&N FIPK on and dyno'd an extra 25 hp, 30 with the hood up. What it does for a N/A 2v is likely less, but it was a good article. I might have to pic one of those up :nice:

I picked up the GT Aircharger kit (#63-1008). Basically the same kit as the Cobra (smaller filter though) but it has no heat shield. Since I'm intercooled one could debate whether it makes a huge difference (the 5hp less with the hood down is believable).

I went from the DC (Densecharger) kit to the K&N Aircharger because I think I was suffering from the "car running rich b/c of the 90 degree bend in the CAI" problem. There was definitely inconsistencies with the power and the DC kit. When I switched to the Aircharger, my 360R had AWESOME throttle response and pulled harder (especially in the higher RPMS)...that's impressive to me considering I already had a CAI.

There is some power loss from the Aircharger after I've run the Roush hard but the overall gains are worth it. The kit comes with a 6 1/2" filter. I'm thinking of replacing the filter with an 8" filter since the Cobra kit uses a 9" one.

kevs_roush360R said:
I picked up the GT Aircharger kit (#63-1008). Basically the same kit as the Cobra (smaller filter though) but it has no heat shield. Since I'm intercooled one could debate whether it makes a huge difference (the 5hp less with the hood down is believable).

I went from the DC (Densecharger) kit to the K&N Aircharger because I think I was suffering from the "car running rich b/c of the 90 degree bend in the CAI" problem. There was definitely inconsistencies with the power and the DC kit. When I switched to the Aircharger, my 360R had AWESOME throttle response and pulled harder (especially in the higher RPMS)...that's impressive to me considering I already had a CAI.

There is some power loss from the Aircharger after I've run the Roush hard but the overall gains are worth it. The kit comes with a 6 1/2" filter. I'm thinking of replacing the filter with an 8" filter since the Cobra kit uses a 9" one.
:OT:
360R = :drool: :drool: :drool:
You should post a thread with pics of your car. I really want to see some :nice: