Roush Kenny bell superchager on a new s281sc?

• Sponsors (?)

C.Saleen said:
was wondering if any one has done the kenny bell sc kit on there sc s281 saleen, im thinking about it :spot:

Well talk about a waste of money. If somebody paid all that extra money to get the S281 SC... then desided to take the saleen SC off to put the KB on... do know how much money you just threw out the window? And you still dont have forged internals.

Basiclly what i am saying is... it would be like having a GT engine, with the KB on it. :shrug:

-Mike

C.Saleen said:
long tubes, do you know wat kind im looking at the pulley now, also wat kind of lt's

Well I got the BBK long tubes and thier matching O/R H. The quality was great and the fit was great except i had a little trouble with the EGR tube that connects to the drivers side header. Since then SLP has jumped into the market and i hear they make some good stuff.

I am going to trade out my O/R H for a catted X for emission reason. And i have also found out the X flows better than the H (in the higher rpm that is) and also sounds better with borla, so we will see. You will absolutly love the sound of your car with the LTs :drool:

-Mike

Well I did...because when I bought the Saleen almost 4 yeats ago, that was the most powerfull car with a warranty. At that time the cobra was rated 320HP, and the Saleen 350HP with beeing the best looking car, a limited edition, better wheels , suspension and so on.
Today I'd rather buy a 03 cobra and put the saleen kit, wheels and suspension on it.
Or if you buy a Saleen to avoid the hassle of body work, just get it N/A and put the 9 spi KB on it and you'll have a 500HP car, about 100HP more than a stock 03cobra and 50+ HP more than a S281-E !!!

The Saleen blower (Gen I, II, III or even IV, V) just sucks. You can try anything to it (pulleys, long tubes, X-pipe...) you won't improve a bit, maybe 10 or 20HP...big deal! . More boost will give you more heat but not more HP. Just your gas mileage will be worse, that's for sure !
By the way I have a Saleen blower for sale, good for 100HP over stock , no more...