Kinda a political thread I suppose....

smokediver27

Jun 16, 2003
Florida
Was just ordering some parts off advance auto parts website, and ran into some legislation they are trying to push through regarding consumers not being able to work on their own cars anymore. They state how some repairs can even be done correctly, but the vehicle computer fails to recognize the repair since the owner doesnt have the access code to the computer. Of course, this is giving the manufacturers the monopoly on auto repairs. Anyways, heres the link if any of you guys/girls wanna send a letter to your congress person to hopefully push this legislation through. Seems if automobiles keep heading the direction they are, (with the consumer being unable to repair them), we wont have a need for great sites like this in the future. here's the link
Coalition for Auto Repair Equality

• Sponsors (?)

screw that tho...we should be able to tinker with anything that is our own. soon we wont be able to fix our washing machines or repaint our homes. just amazing how they are tryin to take more and more away from us. if this is true, i know tooooooons of people that would vote against it. complete bs if you ask me