Laid some floor today

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Acworth, GA
I know it's not car related, but I finished flooring the first room of my house today. No more nasty ass dog pissed up carpet.

DSC01467.jpg

DSC01476.jpg

DSC01477.jpg

Kurt

• Sponsors (?)

I'm redoing 1328 square feet of my house. I got 1500 square feet of this Chinese laminate on clearance form Lumber Liquidators for 89 cents/sq.ft. Plus the 50 cent/sq.ft. quiet walk underlay. So the whole deal was like $2500 plus tools. It was 60 boxes, or just over one ton of flooring, whatever that works out. That was fun the first day...carrying one ton of flooring up 15 stairs into the house.

Kurt

Yeah, it was a hell of a deal, but if it weren't for the deal we wouldn't be able to do it. We also have to do it ourselves due to the budget, which really doesn't bother me. I'd rather do it myself, take my time, and have it done right.

Rio, I'll shoot you some pointers when you get ready to do it if you want. By the time I finish the rest of this house, I ought to be a master.

Kurt

LOL. My back is killing me today. We prepped another room in one day. Moved everything out of my office, took down the doors, pulled the carpet, pulled the undermat, pulled all the staples holding the undermat down, removed all the tackless, pulled all the baseboards, cut all the jams, bleach washed the sub-floor, filled all the holes in the walls, leveled the walls, painted all the trim, desqueked the subfloor with about 50 screws, cut a bunch of nails that were sticking through the wall, and sealed the sub floor with Kilz. Tomorrow should be easy though. Just a bit of sanding and painting. Got to iron all my work clothes tomorrow too. That's if I can stand up. I'm having a little Fat Tire pain killer tonight. My wife has already informed me that I'm not getting any tonight; she's too tired.

Kurt

Looks real nice LOVE the color.

Going to be doing that in the next few months as well. We are going to do the living room, a small hallway, spare bedroom in bamboo from lumber Liq. its only going to be around 289sqft so nothing that big.

Only problem is I am in the middle of laying tile in the mud room and kitchen (finished the Kitchen :)). Waiting to pick up some new cabinets before I start with the mud room. I am done with 200-250sqft of 500-ish sqft of tile...wood is soo much easier IMHO.

I hate carpet and cant wait until its out of the living room.

I hear ya. I'm going to be glad to have all the carpet gone too. We finished another room today, and my back is killing me again. Took us about 10 hours to lock all that flooring together in the smallest bedroom. Still have to put the baseboards back in.

Kurt