Late fox dash in a early fox swap. Who's done it? I need help.

tevans720

Apr 22, 2010
Minnesota
Well the whole install not hard. My problem is with wiring. I have been staring at diagrams for a week now. I know I need to repin everything.

The dash and cluster are from a 93 and I'm installing it in a 80. I don't really know where to start explaining. Lets start with the cluster. After repinning everything where it needs to go according to the diagrams it wont work right. Tach, Oil pressure, and left turn indicator work fine. Everything else Cluster lights, fuel gauge, Battery gauge etc... don't at all. :shrug: I know it might be a little time consuming to tell me exactly where each pin goes. So just as much help as your willing to give is all I'm asking.

I have the Headlight switch working good but not the dimmer. In the 1980 switch the dimmer and the switch is one in the same. The 1993 are separate I don't have a diagram for the 93 dimmer. So have no Idea how that hooks up!

Also the multifunction switch in the 1980 its 2 switches for blinkers and wipers it's all in one for the 93. I'm slowly getting that one though.

Any help what so ever would be awesome and I would be forever in debt.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

For some reason I always forget about grounding. Grounded it right and everything worked fine. The fuel gauge though I'm not sure of. I don't remember how much gas I had in there but didn't think I was almost empty. Has anyone had any problems with the fuel gauge after swapping?

It's still all apart right now so can't get up to put gas in it right now to see if it goes up. I would like to know of any problems anyone may have had before I put it all together just so I don't have to take it all apart again.

Thanks

I think 80 and 93 have different resistance ranges on the fuel tank sending unit, so the gages also may be different.

Read that on here I think.

I tried an 80 dash in an 82 and the pinout for the gage connectors were different. After I smoked the 80 printed circuit board, I put the 82 back in and it worked fine.