Late Night Drags at PIR

kck6894

Advanced Member
Mar 18, 2004
Paradise
I was thinking about going to PIR saturday night and was wondering if you guys could give me some info about the track. How well does it hook, what kind of tree, what kind of bulbs, is it 1/4 mile or 1/8 mile on saturday nights, how long do they race and how many passes can you get in one night? Any help would be great!!! Thanks :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

kck6894 said:
I was thinking about going to PIR saturday night and was wondering if you guys could give me some info about the track. How well does it hook, what kind of tree, what kind of bulbs, is it 1/4 mile or 1/8 mile on saturday nights, how long do they race and how many passes can you get in one night? Any help would be great!!! Thanks :nice:
They open at 7:00 pm and run until 12:30 am unless its to slow then around 12ish.The light is 3 yellows and a green its not the pro light.Its 1/4 mile on sat night.Traction is pretty good with drag radials,Its a fun track you'll like it . You can get anywere from 10 to 20 runs depending how many people are there.:flag:

thanks for the info! Now I just have to decied if I am up for the drive!!! :D Are the bulbs in the tree LED's or the old style standard bulbs? Can you run normal slicks or do they have to be a DOT/street leagal?

Evary Sat. night huh? Didn't know that. What do they charge? Went there for the high school drags while back, was pretty fun, I didn't run, but I wish I did.
Do they put you in certain classes, or you just run against other guys who are there?

helmet if faster then 14.00 or t top or glass sun roof or covert. no classes there'll put you with who ever unless you ask for someone. i ran 13.7 @100 but was on a 13.6 @101 pass before i missed 4th still ran 13.80@95 all in all i had a good night i beat a svt lighting that ran 13.5 aginst my 13.8 cuz i lit him up on the tree .05 vs .409 that was my missed 4th run. and just lost against a 99 cobra with intake and exahust by .0016

Correct me if i'm wrong , but i think the helmet changed to 12.99 or faster. The sunroof i'm not sure of? But i'm pretty sure if you run 13.99 with a vert is when you will need a helmet tho? Bottom line bring a dome saver is you have one just make sure it's a snell 95?? Right guy's? The cost is $30 youre first time out then only $20 each time after. If you go to G.I.Joes then you can get discount coupons for $2 off a race admisson or the same off to watch. So are you going tonight (8-7) I'll be there but not shure if i'll run tho. I still need to get the trannny done :bang: and i don't have the DR'S on the stang :flag: but i'll be watching for shure and rolling the vid as well. What does youre car look like so i can introduce myself and meet ya? Peace

John

NHRA rule boook says snell 90 or newer on helmets and I haven't looked lately to see what the speed requirements are to need one. I am of the opion if you have it wear it! ;) I will be there tonight, assuming all goes well between here and there. I have a red 94 Cobra, and I look forward to meeting a few of the people from stangnet.

thanks for all the help
Kasey