LCA Talk

Trying to decide on which pair of LCA to get. I know MM is the best, but I keep hearing bad things about them, and then there's the price compared to others.

I don't need anything adjustable, just a decent strip/street LCA. Let me know what you did/would pick and why.

I currently have FRPP C springs. Tokico HP Series and MM full length sub frames on their way.

• Sponsors (?)

I personally would do these arms. I have only seen one MM arm failure online. Not sure of the other bad things you speak of. The price is around $60 more for the LCAs in my link vs. the other arms linked in the thread. $60 isn't a high dollar amount for something that holds the rear to the car. I haven't used UPR for anything so I won't comment on their quality. I have used/use the MM arms and they will be on any mustang I own.

I have no idea where you've heard anything bad about MM, that seems ridiculous. MM has some of the best quality Mustang parts you can buy, I run their full coilover setup, and caster/camber plates, and I have had nothing but success. I HIGHLY recommend them.

+1. NEVER heard anything bad about MM stuff. Matter of fact, I think I'm about to go ahead and replace my LCAs with some MM ones, along with some FLSFCs.

Just do a few searches. There's people complaining of loud noises and others who have had the bushings go out after a few track passes.

Please do link me to these examples of their bushings going out after a few track passes. I just looked through over 50 search results and saw nothing of such a thing happening.

I have heard that they will sometimes make noises, but normally only with the "Extreme Duty" version, and when not lubed properly or tightened up when the axle wasn't loaded. Maybe other peoples cars are different, but my car and all of my granddad's Mustangs make TONS of squeaks with the stock control arms. It's really not bad, and I can't imagine that they could be much worse with aftermarket LCAs.

Please do link me to these examples of their bushings going out after a few track passes. I just looked through over 50 search results and saw nothing of such a thing happening.

I have heard that they will sometimes make noises, but normally only with the "Extreme Duty" version, and when not lubed properly or tightened up when the axle wasn't loaded. Maybe other peoples cars are different, but my car and all of my granddad's Mustangs make TONS of squeaks with the stock control arms. It's really not bad, and I can't imagine that they could be much worse with aftermarket LCAs.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/728410-lcas.html
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/711738-ok-got-my-mm-lcas-installed-but-have-question.html
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/700183-rear-end-noise-after-mm-lcas-install.html

There's more, but I don't have all day too re-look through all the old threads.

I'm in no way saying that they are garbage, and may be the best on the market. I'm just wondering what most people run on their cars and if they like them.

I find it a little ridiculous to spend all that money and time on something that will squeak every time I hit a bump, but that's just my opinion.

Which model do you guys run? The HD or XD or something else all together?

I have the regular non adjustable MM LCAs. No problems at all and I havent noticed any strange noises ever. I actually just greased up the side with the poly bushings a week or two ago since I forgot they had a zerk fitting.

They have been installed for over a year now as well.

Do you take your car to the track? Did you notice a difference?

Yes, I do. I was running low 12s before on street tires (1.8s 60' time), and I should be in the low 10s / high 9s after my build. I will admit that I'll be pushing those control arms far beyond their rated limits, so I'll report back if I break them :)

As for your second question, yes, I did notice a difference. The car feels much more planted and stable when launching, especially when wheelspin is present.

I have the MM Extreme Duties which appear to be built like a TANK. I don't see them ever wearing out. I like overbuilt things and that is why I got them. They are only loud sometimes when the rear is really articulating. On smooth roads my car drives and feels amazing, its when the bumpy roads take over I wish I was in my Nissan lol.

I have the MM adjustable HD arms. They are nice and quiet. I did new ford racing upper arms at the same time, and my rear end feels great. No NVH issues at all.

I don't race the car, so that's why i went HD bushings vs XD. The only bushings failure I've seen was when someone drag raced their 500HP mustang with the HD bushings. MM even stepped up and gave them free replacement bushings even though the owner admitted he was using the wrong part for his application.

i had UPR lowers and blew all the bushings out in less than 1500 miles. switched to the MM XD's and never had an issue. car was not any louder and ride wasnt different other than it tracked straight unlike the POS busted UPR's

i have never heard any complaints from MM products and they will be the ONLY part i consider putting on my new car

Full UPR rear suspension here. Only suspension parts I will ever run. BUT, I run spherical bushings in my upper and lower's as well as the rear housing. They have some noise, but it's just a small price to pay for cutting awesome 60 ft times.

As a matter of fact, I ordered the UPR tubular k member kit, along with UPR caster cambers plates and UPR full length subframe connectors.

I like UPR products :)