Lca Upgrade On Stock Suspension

01White5spd

Founding Member
Nov 7, 2002
New Jersey
I was thinking of doing some minor bolt on suspension upgrades for my 2010 stock GT(I do not have track pack)
For Lower control arms, I am finding multiple options through FRPP:
- a basic upgraded set with just different bushings
- Boss 302R
- Boss 302S

My questions are:
1. Which of the above options should I get? Or should I get a different set of LCAs?
2. For stock height with stock springs/struts/shocks - Can I just bolt them on? Do I need to consider relocation brackets, etc...

I also am planning on adding the FRPP Sway bars as well if that makes a difference

• Sponsors (?)

While I think the FRPP stuff is good, I think you can get the same
quality for less money from the aftermarket (i.e. Steeda, Whiteline, Maximum Motorsports).

For your other questions, I don't think relocation brackets are necessary for stock height. I don't think the brand/type of control arm is going to matter much until you add really sticky rear tires. If you are staying close to stock, get some that have bushings and not spherical bearings. I'd look at Steeda Sport stuff or maybe the BMR (don't know much about them, but they seem to have an inexpensive product line geared toward mild street performance). Adjustability is only necessary if you go lower or need to adjust your pinion angle (driveshaft change).
The typical reason you would do LCAs is if you're getting wheel hop on acceleration. They may help with vague rear end feeling also if your stock ones are getting worn. Otherwise, you might just want to do the sways if you want a little less body lean in turns.

Last edited:
While I think the FRPP stuff is good, I think you can get the same
quality for less money from the aftermarket (i.e. Steeda, Whiteline, Maximum Motorsports).

For your other questions, I don't think relocation brackets are necessary for stock height. I don't think the brand/type of control arm is going to matter much until you add really sticky rear tires. If you are staying close to stock, get some that have bushings and not spherical bearings. I'd look at Steeda Sport stuff or maybe the BMR (don't know much about them, but they seem to have an inexpensive product line geared toward mild street performance). Adjustability is only necessary if you go lower or need to adjust your pinion angle (driveshaft change).
The typical reason you would do LCAs is if you're getting wheel hop on acceleration. They may help with vague rear end feeling also if your stock ones are getting worn. Otherwise, you might just want to do the sways if you want a little less body lean in turns.

Ok, thanks for the info. Maybe i will do just the sway bars for now

For more stability I would highly recommend LCA and a UCA, I use CHE but Whiteline uses a similar style of construction.

OK, I see that a lot of the different LCAs recommend relocation brackets. if I change the LCAs with stock height(I plan to keep stock GT springs) - Do I still need to get relocation brackets? Or will it work well with the regular stock mount points?

OK, I see that a lot of the different LCAs recommend relocation brackets. if I change the LCAs with stock height(I plan to keep stock GT springs) - Do I still need to get relocation brackets? Or will it work well with the regular stock mount points?

I like to reference this picture. As stated above, you don't typically need relocation brackets unless you lower ride height or want a more aggressive setting. The stock setting is neutral which gives some leeway for the tires to break loose. A negative slope is more aggressive (in a simple sense, think of the wheels having more force pushing them down into the ground) and can lead to more traction but you probably won't take full advantage of that in stock form. You do not want a positive slope because it will result in more traction issues (opposite effect of negative slope configuration). You can call and ask the vendor if there a specific reason why they recommend relocation brackets with their products. The typical recommendation I've seen for street cars is neutral or slightly negative slope.

image002.jpg