Leaking Coolant...Help!

two_stangs

Jan 3, 2004
AZ
I am now leaking coolant onto my K member on the passanger side.

I checked the upper heater core hoses and they are not leaking. I can't see anyhting that is leaking from on top of the engine. Also theres no coolant on the inside of the passanger car which would suggest the heater core.

Please help me. What am I missing??

Does anyone have a Heater and Coolant Hose diagram??

• Sponsors (?)

Could the heater core be leaking only out the firewall and not inside the car?

It seems like it's leaking out the right side firewall. Since everything is dry everywhere in the engine bay except the top pf the K-member on the passanger side only and it looks like it's dripping down to where the passanger lift point is.

two_stangs said:
Could the heater core be leaking only out the firewall and not inside the car?

It seems like it's leaking out the right side firewall. Since everything is dry everywhere in the engine bay except the top pf the K-member on the passanger side only and it looks like it's dripping down to where the passanger lift point is.
Yes. I think your mistaking the k member for the frame of the car. The k-member sits directly under the engine which is why I made the first suggestion. If the heater core leaks, it will run down the fire wall and or inside the car.

It is settling on the K Member under the engine but only on th passanger side. You can see it from under the car leaking though the holes in the K Member.

But when looking at the Gasket there appear to be no leaks.

I'm going to clean the area then run the car for 10 minutes until the thermostat opens and watch. Then stop the car lift it up and look if I can find where it is leaking.