Let's Talk Deals!

• Sponsors (?)

Joe, where do you find one of those? My ex wife's motto was " i can't be overdrawn. I still have checks left."

Oh, I handle all of our money, she couldn't tell you what we have. But she makes per hour what I make in overtime. Add in that I carry our health insurance premiums and my check is pitiful compared to hers. I am fortunate that we have one account.

Joe

What's a check?

Credit card for daily purchases to rack up the points, and electronic bill pay for everything else. I haven't written a check in years.

Reactions: 1 users
What's a check?

Credit card for daily purchases to rack up the points, and electronic bill pay for everything else. I haven't written a check in years.

We pay everything on a CC that will accept a visa. I keep a spread sheet on my computer just like a checkbook, then I pay it off the last day of the month. 5 years of doing this and I have NEVER paid a red cent of interest. However, I do cash in about $400 in rewards cash each year.

Joe

Reactions: 2 users
We pay everything on a CC that will accept a visa. I keep a spread sheet on my computer just like a checkbook, then I pay it off the last day of the month. 5 years of doing this and I have NEVER paid a red cent of interest. However, I do cash in about $400 in rewards cash each year.

Joe

Yup. That's how I do it.

I keep maybe $10-20 on me in cash for small purchases. I kinda miss dealing in cash because one of my other hobbies is coin collecting, and I used to get all sorts of goodies from pocket change.

I got this guy last year in Houston. Bad shape, but it's a rare 1909-o quarter
IMG_8208.JPG

Ever since I went plastic, the goodies have dried up for me

Reactions: 1 users
I sell my old junk on eBay, and buy a lot of it there, junkyards, and CL.

I also warehouse crap I'm pretty sure I'll need in a storage unit. I currently have two 302 roller motors in two different stages of assembly, a small-bell C4, a pair of GT40P heads and an E cam (CL trade bait), a lot of valvecovers, carburetors, intakes, air cleaners, etc.

Reactions: 1 user