**-Light bar installed + Vid clips-** :D

• Sponsors (?)

I am a fan of the light bar, but my wife hates em. I have a tan/black vert. What do ya think, tan or black light bar? My boot is black. I don't think it matters too much, but am leaning towards black. 'Course, my wife.....

What wax are you using? Car looks really nice! I did hear that they suck to install and you have proven that.

Your hood seems like it is propped more than normal. Is it?

lol all these suggestions... but I'm broke right now.. both my bank account and my body.. oi.. been a long day today..

Anyhow, how much do those hood struts go for? Are they really easy to install? I should get myself some of those :)

as for wax.. I"m using the first wax bottle I bought.. the liquid eagle one wax... I'm switcing to mcguire after this bottle is gone :) If I don't like it.. then it's Zaino :nice:

CottonBurnerz said:
Anyhow, how much do those hood struts go for? Are they really easy to install? I should get myself some of those :)QUOTE]

http://www.redlinetuning.com/
Just go to these guys. There was a group purchase discount last week that may still be in effect. The best money you'll spend and one of the easiest mods you'll do. At least they won't take you half the day to install. :nice:

I got my light bar and cut out switch from Haney Motorsports (www.haneymotorsports.com). They were very informative on the phone and fast shipping. As far as color is concerned. My interior is dark charcoal. The light bar is listed as midnight black. They are the same color. I was kind of leary about that myself, but they match perfect. One thing Cotton, why did you drill those holes in the side of your quarter panel? Should have had somebody just hold it to the side while it was still loose and tighten those bolts down like that. All is well that ends well thought. Looks good. A lot like mine. :flag:

attachment.php

Mustang T said:
I got my light bar and cut out switch from Haney Motorsports (www.haneymotorsports.com). They were very informative on the phone and fast shipping. As far as color is concerned. My interior is dark charcoal. The light bar is listed as midnight black. They are the same color. I was kind of leary about that myself, but they match perfect. One thing Cotton, why did you drill those holes in the side of your quarter panel? Should have had somebody just hold it to the side while it was still loose and tighten those bolts down like that. All is well that ends well thought. Looks good. A lot like mine. :flag:

attachment.php

.. I never thought of that.. but it's going to be a pain if you have to get it off though... anyhow, I worked by myself and my body is sore to death.. I'm very happy with the result :)

Cotton, nice job on your Stang dude! Looks super sweet. Thanks for sharing your experience. I went through the same thing installing mine and I took about 10-11 hours too including running back & forth to the hardware store picking up things like different sized hole saws, long-necked ratchets, drill bits, etc. It was a heck of an experience but once you have your Stang torn down, there's no turning back. I hated to see mine torn down:
387895_35_full.jpg

387895_36_full.jpg

But getting to the finished product was worth it:

387895_37_full.jpg

387895_12_full.jpg

BTW, I was having trouble holding the brackets on too while I inserted the bolts. I ended up using two-sided tape to keep them in place until they were secured.

I wasn't able to access your sound vids on Geocities. It said the page was temporarily unavailable.

Didn't you get the rivots to hold the brackets in place so you could bolt them up? :shrug: They came in my hardware package for mine. Made it real simple. I feel like I had a real accomplishment. It only took me around 3.5 hours to install mine. But I did have most of the tools.

My light bar post.

Mustang T said:
Didn't you get the rivots to hold the brackets in place so you could bolt them up? :shrug: They came in my hardware package for mine. Made it real simple. I feel like I had a real accomplishment. It only took me around 3.5 hours to install mine. But I did have most of the tools.

The rivets kept falling out and I couldn't get the damn rivet gun to work properly so I just came up with another way to do it. I agree that the instructions really suck. I am impressed by the time it took you to install yours but I was working alone and it's a few miles to the local hardware store. Having all the tools now and the experience behind me, I think I could do it in less than 4 hours too.

I thought the templates for lining up features to drill the holes in the side panels were pretty bad. They were xeroxed and stretched and I could never get all the features to line up with the marks on the templates. That was a crapshoot. Other than that, I was pretty happy with the results and afterwards you really feel like your Mustang is a part of you for all the effort that went into it.

For those guys out there thinking about doing this, here is a link to the CDC installation instructions:

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/tech_center/mustang_lightbar_install.html

I found that cutting out the templates from all the rest of the paper and taping it to the quarter panels made it easier. But then again, I had a friend help. Fours sets of hands holding the templates made it easier too. Has anyone bought or thought about buying the Spider Package to go along with their light bar? Haney sells one that I think looks kick a$$.

Soft.JPG

lol nice to know that I'm not the only one that took 11 hours to complete this modification :)

The template suck hard... I have to judge everything pretty much by myself. The rivets suck as well.. I even lost one inside the side panel... INCLUDING 2 DRILL BITS (I was using this little tiny dremel tool to drill... took forever so I decided to run to the store). However, I just remembered that I found out that I have this little long magnet stick.. it's a little too late though.

Anyhow, I did use tape to tape the damn bracket in place as well.. pain in the ass.. all is well though.

Your car look sweet btw. Did you get the light bar switch to turn off the light when the top is up?