Lights Question

buhjuh16

Mar 17, 2004
Glasgow, KY
I bought a 95 mustang GT convertable yesterday and am having a few problems with the lights. first, I replaced the fog lights today where the bulbs were busted and they still don't work. When I flip the switch the orange light that is susposed to come on doesnt, so i dont know what that might mean.

My other problem is when i turn either my parking lights or head lights on my left turnsignal stays on. It doesnt flash, it just stays on. All of the other lights stay on fine like they should, it just is brighter. Also the green left turnsignal light on the dash stays on. The left turn signal doesn't work either with the headlights or parking lights on either. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

First the fog lights. Check the obvious: The orange indicator on the switch should only be on when the headlights are on, check all fuses, look for power to be getting to the lights, look for bad connections, and also the originals probably went bad due to water leaking into the light.

As for the other issues, I would use the 4-way flashers to see if any of the lights are not working properly and change out the bulbs accordingly. Otherwise it may be in the acutal control stalk, I have heard this is a fairly common thing to have to replace and it is not overly expensive to buy.

Welcome BTW.

I had the same exact problem, with the left turn signal staying on and the side markers not. One day it fixed itself, but now my horn and fog lights don't. I dont understand. I check the fuses. Everything seems to jive.