Lincoln rotors and later Mustang rims OK!!!

SmockDoiley

Jun 14, 2003
San Diego, CA
SO I just wanted to post that the combination of Fox-body brakes/Lincoln brakes and later style rims is ok. I finally finished my move to Illinois and swapped the rims around on my Mustangs and the 99 Cobra rims fit great on my 85 GT with Lincoln rotors. I used 14/16th of an inch spacers and longer studs and it looks awesome. I'm running 235 Dunlops and they fill the rim great and dont rub on anything. We all know that pretty much anything rubs on the insides of the fenderwells but not with this combo. Pushing the rim out almost an inch improves my wheelbase and eliminates all rubbing. I thought people should know this because using 94+ brakes can be difficult, annoying or costly somtimes, but with 5-lug rotors, $20 spacers, and a stud swap your in there like swimwear.

• Sponsors (?)

What year/model Lincoln discs? They are a direct replacement for the 4 lug rotors,correct,as in,no special bearings,using the Mustang's stock spindles? Thanks! :D

There is nothing wrong with using spacers. I know plenty of people who use them for all sorts of reasons and none of them have problems. Got a friend with a $30k road mustang thats badass. He's running spacers in the rear with no problem, and that thing is a canyon carver. Got another friend who runs low 10 sec. quarters and he runs spacers in the rear to help clear for larger tires. No problems there. So with me thats 3 examples right there.