loading up?

r_stilz

Jul 31, 2004
Georgia
I have been reading and researching these forums for a while now and couldn't find an answer using "search". My car has been loading up on fuel at low RPM's. I have done the basic tune-up (autolite 25's, wires, oil change, filter clean). I have plugged the smog pump but its still on the belt(it was doing it before i did this too). Where should I start? :shrug: the idle also fluctuates about 200-400 rpm's
I have equal length headers, o/r h pipe, borla cat-back, k&n filter, and 285000 miles

• Sponsors (?)

You many want to pull codes.....

if you have stock ignition make sure your plugs are gapped to .052-.054 i usually gap them to .052

what have you done to test the systems which are tossing codes? i would pay close attention to the ECT code (could be out of calibration or just went south, which can cause richness) and the EGR code. Jrichker has posted some nice info on testing these systems - if you search you might find it (or he might post for ya).

good luck.

EGR is not hooked up because I disconnected the smog pump. I replaced the ECT, cleared the computer, pulled the same codes. (I expected to pull codes for the EGR and Thermactor system but the ECT has me baffled since I replaced it)
thanks for the replies